• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

lost 4 foot extreme

Dereks-Dragons

my 4 foot male is missing. got out of the cage. idk where a 4 foot lizard can hide but where would he be able to go? ive torn apart the whole house already.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Are you positive he got out? Could he be burrowed in the cage somewhere?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Behind the fridge, stove, dishwasher, washer, dryer. Inside the couch, cabinets.

Dereks-Dragons

ok well i feel stupid..

i tore apart my whole house. 2 hours of searching. only to find out he scrathed through the plastic "pond" liner in his cage and curled up under the wooden platform that i had blocked off. smart lizard, found a way to get under it anyway. well.. its midnight here and i have to go put the house back together my mom is freaking out lol.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lol that reminds me of when I had my red tail boa, never knew they burrowed, lol after searching the cage, the reptile room, pretty much everywere I thought I lost for good til I saw his head peaking from under the mulch lol, glad he's safe and were stil waiting on pics lol

Big Dave

My buddy had a furnace cleaning company. He found a 3 foot dried up Green Iguana in the furnace ducts. The owners said "so that's where he went, we lost him 6 months ago". Poor guy

tora

Lol I was gonna sayyy. Mine get out and it normally only takes minutes to find them. Ones like 38" and always goes upstairs. The other one that's like 42" likes to go under the couch. My entire house is pretty tegu safe so I just let them come to me if I don't see them with a quick sweep.

Dereks-Dragons

My house is massive and nowere near tegu safe lol. I lost one of my beardies the other day,14 inch. And I always know where to find her she goes to the same place every time ( at least once a month she manages to break loose)

tora

I keep my snakes locked up and I could lock up the big tegus, but it doesn't matter to me if they decide they want out. All I have to worry about is poop lol.

herpgirl2510

I should have a warning sign at my front door. Warning roaming tegus and sometimes beardies, iguanas, monitors and dogs. Sometimes when a few others are out it is like jurassic park in my house. I always know their hiding spots behind the chair in a pile of blankets or under one of two couches and under some rag rugs in the pantry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me