• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Jazz 10' AA

brutus13

0a41a595.jpg

Jazz next to my 10' extreme

e08016b5.jpg

Jazz showing some great color!

4d16c96d.jpg

He is almost 30"

aa5b1b59.jpg

Doing what he does best!!

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
You can really see the size and color difference in the first pic, you have some beautiful tegu's. Pictures like these make me all the more excited to get mines (even though i have a killer of a wait left to get mines so hopefully time flies).

brutus13

Yeah the wait sucks. I waited 4 months for mine and I thought it would never end lol, but it was all worth it. They are by far my most exciting reptile!!! I can't wait till this summer when they really take off!

What kind are you getting and when is it suppose to come?

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Sure does suck. I am getting a normal b&w arg tegu varnyard stock.So in about six months i should have my lil guy.

brutus13

That's cool mine are both varnyard, Bobby does some amazing tegus. Do you already have your cage setup? That took us forever! Both my tegus sleep in a blanket at night in there cage I must say it's alot easier to find them. It's funny but around 4:30 everyday jazz moves his butt from his basking spot to inside his blanket. I did 1/2 jungle mix and the other 1/2 repti carpet. I like having the separation and i know for sure they are not eating any substrate!! How many are you getting?

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Yeah i have seen a lot of varnyard tegus on the forum and they are amazing! I do not have the cage set up but i have the cage and all of the decor including, thermometer/hygrometer,thermostat,light fixture +Mvb, basically everything except for my substrate. I will wait until like around April to go out and find some cypress and then set every thing up about 2weeks before arrival so that i can mess around with the temps and get everything set up right.

As of now i am getting just 1 arg b&w, but i know eventually i will get another and maybe another lol. I want to start of with one and see how things go from there.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Did your AA hibernate ? If yes for how long ? Both of mine hibernated both years ( I have 09 ) for seven months. They just came out.

entropy

Quick question about the All Americans... about how big to they get compared to blues or reds or extreme giants?

slideaboot

5 Year Member
entropy said:
Quick question about the All Americans... about how big to they get compared to blues or reds or extreme giants?

No one really knows as they haven't been around all that long. I think the first breeding was last year, though it may have been the year before (I forget). Definitely no earlier than that, though.

brutus13

Sorry everyone I've been away for awhile. No he did not hibernate he's been an eating machine!! Thanks for all the comments he is goin through terrible "2's" and being a pooper. The question about how big they get is unknown. 09' was the first year Bobby did this. So far mine is getting huge and he is only 7.5 months!!! He doubles my extreme who is a month older!!
a8f91b8e.jpg

586853ba.jpg

a14ca762.jpg

This is Jazz taken a few days ago. He threw a tantrum and was placed on his back to take a chill pill. Not sure what to do about his biting issue. I don't feed him live food in his cage and he is held and loved everyday... Hope it's just a stage... :(

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029