1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

Injured tegu

Discussion in 'Black and White Tegu Discussion' started by Albert, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Albert

Albert New Member

I have a b&w tegu about 4-5 months old. Had him out for his free roam time and turned my back for a second to thaw some pinkies and he pulled a laptop charger on himself. Now he’s limping on his front right foot. Being Sunday nothing is open. I don’t think it is broken. There is no deformation but it does appear to be bruised. Is there anything I can do to help? Is there anyway to know if is serious? I guess I’m asking if he will be ok for a day or 2 until I can get him into see the vet? Thanks
  2. Albert

Albert New Member

3. Albert

Albert New Member

The “index” finger looks like it could be broke
  4. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

Nothing to do but keep him in his enclosure until you can have him checked out.
  5. Albert

Albert New Member

No broken bones. Just a bruise. They gave him some reptile aspirin and said he’s a little over weight but otherwise in great health.
  6. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

Very good.