• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Iguana owners, help me out. Or anyone for that matter

Deac77

5 Year Member
I have 2 ig's atm one 4ft and 3 years old and one that 1 1/2 foot 7months old! the 4fter has free run of the house with his's own room (keeps the humidity high in THAT room) but he roams since both my ig's were rescues they came to me crazy as all get out i just let them come to me and tame down Spike the 7month old is still stressing but LeeRoy is a cat...LITERALLY he'll come and rub up against you leg when he wants attention and arch's his back into you while you scratch i found that baths are good way's to get them to trust you be warned free roaming isnt for everyone LeeRoy will jump off a book shelf onto you're shoulder and hitch a ride thats a 20-30lb green creeper dive bombing guest lol! there is also the C.A.T. method (you can search it on youtube its a little to slow for me i just work with them daily (after about 2-3 weeks to let them calm) hand feeding, moving slow, and talking soft is the best that works for me.

RobK.

When i got my rhino i covers his cage with a sheet so he could not see anybody for a week , that way he got use to his enclosure without any extra stress of seeing me or anyone . might help

Logie_Bear said:
See if you can't figure out his favorite treat/food. For ours it was strawberries and the occasional hibiscus flower. The key to taming him (and eventually potty-training) was thru his stomach. :p

treats work for me and my iguana !! LOL

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
do you have any other pets? I found this also to stress iguanas out, the biggest part of working with my green iguana was his territorial issues( especially during breeding season) he was deathly afraid of my tegus( mainly my female cause she was bigger than him) and the dynamics really changed when I got my rhino iguana, food was the only way I could really work with him I also noticed red veggies tend to catch their attention. my motto is spoil them into submission

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980