• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I HATE to do this. I really do.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
OK...

So, I've gotta sell Aesop (probable male, 2010 extreme giant--blizard/sugar parents) and Francis (probable female 2010 extreme giant--sarge/cream parents).

My band is moving to Nashville in January and with our upcoming touring schedule, they just won't be getting the attention that they deserve.

Aesop WAS almost 4 feet before he lost a good chunk of his tail a few months ago (which has grown back about 3 inches or so) and is quite tame (haven't had a single incident with him--but he DID have an episode with another keeper while I was on my honeymoon, which is how he lost his tail--the story about this is in another thread). He is currently eating medium rats (once or so a month) and ground turkey--dusted with calcium and cod liver oil (about a 1/2 pound, 3-4 days a week).

Francis is over 3 feet and quite tame (she literally climbs up my arm when I put my hand in the cage). She has all of her tail. She eats about a quarter pound of ground turkey per day (with calcium and cod liver oil) and a small rat about once every two weeks.

I will be taking updated pictures tonight, but to give you some perspective, here is a link to a video with Aesop and Francis (Aesop is the bigger of the two).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksfYvQ8UN38

I've also just had a cage built in June that is 8 feet long by 3 feet deep and just over 2 and 1/2 feet high. It is two 4 foot sections, bolted together. It has 4 coats of drylok, two flourescent fixtures and two "regular" light fixtures. It has tempered glass front-sliding glass doors (two pairs) and really smooth showcase tracking for the glass. It's heavy as all hell, so if you're interested in that, you'd need to be within driving distance and have access to some large truck or van. I'll have pictures of this up at the same time that I put new pics up of Aes and Francis.

I'm in no rush to sell these guys, so please, no sense in low-balling me at this point. I'm offering them to you guys first because I know how much you guys love your tegus and how well you take care of them.

I'm willing to ship these guys, provided that it is safe for the animals. I'm not sure that shipping such big lizards is a good idea, but I'm open to suggestions on how to make that work.

Like I said, I don't have any NEW pictures, but if you search this site for "Aesop" or "Francis", you will get some results.

I'm looking to get $450 for each (they have been well cared for and have put on some serious size, not to mention their mellow temperaments). I'd sell the cage for $250 OBO (it cost damn near $200 just for the glass and tracking).

Like I said, I've got a few months before these guys HAVE to go, but I'm gonna put them out there now so that if somebody wants them before hibernation, they can have them. I'm really gonna miss these guys---they are incredible animals.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
what band are u in? i love to take em in i have a few cages one of em can go in but i dont have the money right now =/

slideaboot

5 Year Member
I'm in a band called HOT MESS. If you're interested, you can check it out here: www.hotmesslovesyou.com or on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/hotmesslovesyou

I hear ya about the money...

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
:( I hope you can find them a good home. You've been taking great care of them, hopefully someone on the one of the forums takes 'em. I'd love to watch them grow up! But congratulations on the band progress!!

frost

1,000+ Post Club
slideaboot said:
I'm in a band called HOT MESS. If you're interested, you can check it out here: www.hotmesslovesyou.com or on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/hotmesslovesyou

i checked out one of your songs, u guys are pretty good. i like the singers voice =]

slideaboot

5 Year Member
frost said:
slideaboot said:

i checked out one of your songs, u guys are pretty good. i like the singers voice =]

Thanks--that's my wife!
kellen.watkins said:
If you do ship them and have the cage left over I will take the cage

Right on. Noted.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
OK...here are a couple pictures of Aesop and Francis. Sorry for the delay.
AESOP:

IMG_7786.jpg

IMG_7783.jpg

FRANCIS

IMG_7779.jpg

IMG_7777.jpg

IMG_7774.jpg

And, apparently, these pictures are too big. Lemme know if you're having trouble seeing them (the links seem to be working, though).

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Understandable.

Which made me realize, my location is no longer visible...

So...I'm in Chico, CA, party people. Also, here's a picture that shows Aesop's tail regeneration a bit better. It happened towards the end of June and has already grown back a good three inches.

FxCam_1316182875819.jpg

slideaboot

5 Year Member
roastedspleen said:
i live in CA maybe i could go there to pick it up. how much time do you have before you have to give them to someone

I'm not leaving until January, so it'll be awhile. I'm not looking to simply "give" them to anybody, but rather, to sell them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029