• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I got my new tegu!!!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sorry about that cooli, I forgot all about it. I am glad that you found out how to load the pictures. :)

Cute tegu by the way!! :)

Magik

5 Year Member
Thats no problem VARNYARD dont worry about it glad you guys like him!!and skunky sound like a cool nmae but I have already christened him Little Bud

Magik

5 Year Member
DZLife said:
Why Skunky? Is that referring to the black and white coloration?
No mate its a common name for the plant thats on the newspaper in the last pic!!

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
cooli said:
DZLife said:
Why Skunky? Is that referring to the black and white coloration?
No mate its a common name for the plant thats on the newspaper in the last pic!!

Wow, way to go, Brooks (me). You made yourself look like an idiot.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You don't look like an idiot at all... you look like a non smoker ;)

Magik

5 Year Member
I have my guy in a 36 X 18 X 18 I have his temps at 88-90 the basking spot 105 - 115 on the warm side in the late afternoon and very close to 80 on the cool side the humidity ranges from 60 - 100 percent I have a large shallow cat litter tray that I am using s water bowl doe this sound alright to you guys??

ptviperz

5 Year Member
My guy is in the low 70's for a cool spot and he uses it. ~105 for his basking spot.

88-90 sounds high to me.

Magik

5 Year Member
yea thats wat I was thinking I have it lowered it was at 83 for most the day today with the cool spot round mid 70's how bout humidity it was high today again pretty much staying at 80% wat you tink?bit more ventalation?

ptviperz

5 Year Member
cooli said:
yea thats wat I was thinking I have it lowered it was at 83 for most the day today with the cool spot round mid 70's how bout humidity it was high today again pretty much staying at 80% wat you tink?bit more ventalation?

I'd think anything in the 70's would be plenty. I live in florida so humidity isn't much of a problem. I dump his waterbowl under the heatlamp in the dirt, that way the soil stays a little moist and you get some evaporate from it. My guy sheds perfectly. If you notice him ready to shed might wanna use the spray bottle once a day to help humidity.

There is no top on my cage so ventilation is pretty high ;-)

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
i dont dump my water bowls in the substrate becaus my gu likes to urinate and poo in the water sometimes

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
how do you know your guy doesnt urinate in his bowl? i bought a mister from walmart like 10 to twenty bucks that they use to spray pesticides. of course its new so there are none in it. and it is the best investment i have made

Magik

5 Year Member
Kharnifex youre right it is mmmmmm reefer .......Mvskokee I have a large cat litter tray in his viv for him to soak in which I clean every morning just out of habit(same with my snakes dogs and rats)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.