• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

housing 2 tegus

mike97

Dubya said:
Thick on the bottom to support lots of bedding and heavy basking rocks.
ok but the top may have to support the other viv slightly? and i work in mm! thanks for all your help! 6x4x2 will be big enough right? some say 6x3x2 some 6x3x3 some 6x2x2 some 7x3x3 some 8x3x3 and some 8x4x4 and ive even seen 4x4x3! these a from care sheets

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
2 feet high will not do with 7 or 8 inches of bedding and the light on the inside. The MVB will be only about 9 inches from the lizard's back. Maybe less. Too close. You are not thinking this through. Get one tegu and plan the cage better. 3x6 minimum. Most of us are from USA here, so you will see all imperial measurements. Use Google comverter.

mike97

Dubya said:
2 feet high will not do with 7 or 8 inches of bedding and the light on the inside. The MVB will be only about 9 inches from the lizard's back. Maybe less. Too close. You are not thinking this through. Get one tegu and plan the cage better. 3x6 minimum. Most of us are from USA here, so you will see all imperial measurements. Use Google comverter.
ok i can build a 6x3x6? so both 3ft high? but as i said i might just get the one!

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
3 feet high is good. 6L 3W 3H for each unit. Minimum. My tegu is starting to outgrow his 6x3. See the thread entitled "Gwangi".

mike97

Dubya said:
3 feet high is good. 6L 3W 3H for each unit.
may do that then but a 6x3x3 for the moment then may look into getting another around september (my 16th) ;) thanks for all your help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.