• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

hey friends ,just passing this on

RobK.

putting the old sola-glo MVB into the freezer worked . its no longer flickering . I use it for heat as its only putting out around 30-35 MW of uvb at 12'' BUT it keeps his basking area 110-120 with the other two bulbs . I can't find or remember where i read about the freezer trick . But the bulb now comes on every morning like it should , i was going to toss it .

RobK.

TeguBlake said:
wow, i am gonna go put mine in the freezer right now! thanks lol

be sure to let it get room temp before you turn it on or the bulb could shatter .

mine would turn on blink on and off then stay off . so in the freezer , and being doing great ever since . Its a old solar glow 125 that i use just for heat . never has put out a lot of UVB . If the filament is broke , can't fix that , but if its the internal ballast this seem to work ,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980