• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help with finding a tegu

Trevor3541

I am looking for a baby ARGENTINE BLACK AND WHITE TEGU i was wondering what sites i should go on to find one underground reptiles are out and i am wanting to order on within 2 months thanks for your time please let me know and have a good day/night

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I am looking for a baby ARGENTINE BLACK AND WHITE TEGU i was wondering what sites i should go on to find one underground reptiles are out and i am wanting to order on within 2 months thanks for your time please let me know and have a good day/night
Check Rodney of Tegusonly. He may have some late seasons. Ken Foose of Exotics Las Vegas might could get one as well.

Both are people I trust.

Trevor3541

Walter1 can you please tell me if there is a big difference between getting one at a very young age or getting one by tegusonly.com i would like to know i want to hand feed the tegu raw meat but i dont want it to just be aggressive because the were caught please reply and i just want to take care of a tegu i love animals and reptile especially. thanks have a good day/night

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Walter1 can you please tell me if there is a big difference between getting one at a very young age or getting one by tegusonly.com i would like to know i want to hand feed the tegu raw meat but i dont want it to just be aggressive because the were caught please reply and i just want to take care of a tegu i love animals and reptile especially. thanks have a good day/night
You can get ones say 3-6 mo old from tegus only. As gentle as any. My three came as nearly 2 yr olds. Settled in quickly. Gentle giants.

Does this help?

Trevor3541

yeah but can you please let me know all i need for a half grown tegu i was kinda ready for a baby but i need a list of everthing i need for it i found a good web-site that sells ground meat with bones and organs but i am not sure what to do so please help by giving me a list or something of everything i need

Mombo

My tegu from tegusonly just arrived today. I asked him for a young one and he got me one that was about 10in snout to vent. Pretty young I assume. Absolutely gorgeous and a great price. He was really nice when I took him out of the bag. Letting him settle into his new home right now.

Double thumbs up for Rodney. Plus firebelly is gorgeous!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My tegu from tegusonly just arrived today. I asked him for a young one and he got me one that was about 10in snout to vent. Pretty young I assume. Absolutely gorgeous and a great price. He was really nice when I took him out of the bag. Letting him settle into his new home right now.

Double thumbs up for Rodney. Plus firebelly is gorgeous!
Congrats Mombo. I love them, too.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
yeah but can you please let me know all i need for a half grown tegu i was kinda ready for a baby but i need a list of everthing i need for it i found a good web-site that sells ground meat with bones and organs but i am not sure what to do so please help by giving me a list or something of everything i need
Check out various threads here while you are waiting for other members to chime in. One member gets ground rabbit from an online vendor, etc.

Little or bigger, much is the same.

Importance on acceptable basking temps of around 115F, a cool side hide of around 75-80F, whole prey as staple for diet, lots of calcium powder on every meal, and excellent source of UVB, natural or artificial. Once an adult, enclosure no smaller than 8x4x3'.

The best tegu is the one you want.

A wealth of experience here.

Speaking for myself, if I had the room, I'd snap up another firebelly (a morph that shows up in varying intensity) from Tegusonly in a skinny minute.

Mombo

He seems to be in perfect health. He was out and about exploring his enclosure yesterday and flopped on his belly to bask on his rock in front of us. Digging all over the place haha. He is making little burrows all over the place :)

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He seems to be in perfect health. He was out and about exploring his enclosure yesterday and flopped on his belly to bask on his rock in front of us. Digging all over the place haha. He is making little burrows all over the place :)
that's great. He may not eat, which is typical of newly-moved tegus. they take a few days to about a week to settle in. Post a pic!

Mombo

Go for the firebelly Trevor! Mine is adorable! He has been walking around piling dirt up around a hide I put in there and digs into it at night.

He ate yesterday. Not a ton but jumped into the bowl and grabbed a few mouthfuls. Didn't want any of the grapes I got for him though. The dubias will make short work of them for him though.

Cody096

I was really happy with my Chacoan Giant from underground reptiles, some say that they are the same as an argentine while others say that it's a locality difference but it really is a great animal either way. I think they still have a few left.

Cody096

I just checked the app, it seems that they're out of stock now. Ty Park has some really great looking animals too. You can find him on facebook. If you want to see his facillity theres a few videos on youtube, this being one of my favorites.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.