• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

HELP! Lost Tegu!

skylarlaham

5 Year Member
Guys I need urgent help! My tegu got outside and could be any where! How can I get him? How can I find him or lure him or catch him!? Please I need help bad guys, im freaking out!

HorseCaak

5 Year Member
skylarlaham said:
Guys I need urgent help! My tegu got outside and could be any where! How can I get him? How can I find him or lure him or catch him!? Please I need help bad guys, im freaking out!

Same thing happened to mine. She got spooked and bolted when a hatchling. I had an idea of where she might be. I was very fortunate and found her laying scared under a huge bush (which is where I suspected her be). Its best to have multiple people around to keep eyes open. I didn't have any method to lure her. Just 100% luck and some help from 2 friends being near keeping their eyes out while i was on my hands and knees looking around. Good Luck! I hope all works out well!!!!!
It's a Scary Thing!

-BLAIR

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Depends on temperature probably and/or if he got spooked as to how far he could have gone(might even have been picked up by somebody).. I wouldn't rely on luring him back so much as trying to get in his mind and finding him yourself - it's a big world out there.

skylarlaham

5 Year Member
Well where I live at the moment, at night its anywhere from 5o to 65 degrees at night, and 80-95 in the morning. Im pretty sure hes in the neighbors yard... But their yard filled with unkept shrubs and tall grass :/

goodtimes

5 Year Member
Any luck yet? I had the same freak out today, I was feeding Samus and had to go to the bathroom....took longer than I expected.....forgot the front door was open and when I came back there was no food and no Samus. I looked out front and then came in to look and had no luck, after about 15 min. of panic I walked by and there was Samus back in the enclosure under the heat.
I hope you have the same luck as I did.

Adam87

5 Year Member
best bet when hes gonna have to bask in the day for him on a rock or if hes scared he may have burrowed and if hes still near by in terms of luring i would put out a plate of food he may smell it bu just watch out for other animals as well

skylarlaham

5 Year Member
Well guys :( its night here and I still havnt found him. Its kinda a cold night tonight 50-55 degrees out. Im pretty sure she was in my neighbors yard some where, but she could be any where now :(

Basically what happened was I was taking Isis out to her play pen outside, and I was walking under our orange tree. Right when I was under it, an orange droped from the tree about 1.5 feet away from us :yik . All of a sudden, Isis starts freaking out and leaps out of my hand :( I get one of those slow motion moments and grab her by the middle of her tail in mid air. But then I worried that she might drop her tail cuz she starts going CRAZY! So I let her go :doh She falls and hits the ground and FLIES across the ground behind our shed! I go chasing after her but couldnt find her.Then I look at my arm because it was starting to sting, and aparently tegu claws get sharp over hibernation cuz my arm was sliced up. So I go and tell all the neighbors and look in there back yards but dont find her :(
So after looking for a few hours I go back in my house and call my mom and start crying to her like crazy. She was extremely suprised because I very very rarely cry.

And thats the update :morn ...

Adam87

5 Year Member
well i wish you the best of luck and i hope she finds her way back to you very soon

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
im so sorry to hear that! have you asked to check your neighbors yard? i hope you find him!

skylarlaham

5 Year Member
Still havnt found her, I dont know what to do. Im doing my best to stay positive, but im losing hope. And yea ive checked my neighbors yards.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
are you 100% sure she got outside i once thought nero got outside and i search high and low my yard and the neighbors but she turned up still in the house i really hope you find he soon

HorseCaak

5 Year Member
reptastic said:
are you 100% sure she got outside i once thought nero got outside and i search high and low my yard and the neighbors but she turned up still in the house i really hope you find he soon

Read his above posting reptastic. He lost him outside when he was holding him. He escaped from him when he got spooked from a falling fruit...

HorseCaak

5 Year Member
reptastic said:

Read his above posting reptastic. He lost him outside when he was holding him. He escaped from him when he got spooked from a falling fruit...

skylarlaham

5 Year Member
HorseCaak said:
reptastic said:

^This. Well its an even colder night tonight. I hope shes ok, and burrowed under a water heater or something :/

Jefroka

5 Year Member
If mine got out I would be looking at areas he could burrow in rather easily, close to the house. I would also concentrate my efforts where plants and weeds are tall, they are drawn to these type areas.

Your gu most likely if it was able to find soft enough ground probably burrowed and is under ground.

Even as spring has arisen here, when I take Beauregard outside, he wants to burrow, it is intinct.

I sure hope you find her.

See if you can put together a search party with friends and neighbors, everyone you can think of, the more the better.

Best of luck.

...Jefroka

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan