• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

golden tegu questions

tegzilla

yea i guess i should of phrased it differentially,but im useing my ps3 to post this and it sucks to type on here so i try to keep it short.i really dont care if its a little pinky or hopper, il probably never feed him a rat there to big.but we've bonded alot actually,and hes out and about almost all day.so thats awsome

DavidRosi

Glad to hear it. It took a little while with mine, but I see improvement with her every single day, less skiddish and a lot happier in my company. So, happy days. :)

jb62

Re: RE: golden tegu questions

dragonmetalhead said:
Tegus are individuals and it seems like yours may be a bit picky. Cut back on the eggs since he's so young. Since he doesn't seem to like live prey, you should perhaps invest in some of Zoo Med's Can O' feeders. They have crickets, mealworms, snails, grasshoppers, and shrimp. My tegu Kodo (he's a black and white Colombian, but according to the scientists they're the same species as the golds) has never been given live prey. Live prey A) fights back and can injure your tegu and B) fosters aggression because your pet has to kill and you may not want that in an animal you wish to handle regularly. It is also a pain in the A** to deal with uneaten live rodents. Try offering different foods and see what your tegu likes. Variety in diet is the key to a healthy tegu.

Totally agree with why risk using a live rodent that could hurt the pet or is feeding live prey just a ego trip !..
I can't see why put a pet at risk when there's loads of good frozen rodents on the market that is safe to use.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TegusRawsome80 said:
Why can't he post that? Just because all you "holier than thou" people disagree with feeding live doesn't mean you have to jump on the guy for saying he wants to. You feed your babies live crickets. Why is that any worse than feeding a live mouse. The true answer is it isn't. At all.

Croc eats boy.. men kills croc.. for doing what is natural..
you but lizard to care and love.. you feed live rat and it kills your lizard..
Are the two the same!.. yeah if your so smart you can work it out.. if not your lizard as a sad life with you..
If you don't like criticism .. don't post :dodgy:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tegus4life

What was that last post? Sorry and not to be mean or anything but I really don't understand what you're trying to say jb62. That being said, this post is from July. Please let's just let everyone have his/her own opinion and call it a night.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
DavidRosi said:
"i really want see him eat a live rat eventually"

I feel sorry for your Tegu; I really do. If you bought him with the mindless abandon in which your only real aim is to watch that... Sell him, watch the discovery channel.

The Discovery channel has degraded into just another reality show channel. Just like the History channel and the Learning channel. We are doomed.

Teguixin.22

"i really want see him eat a live rat eventually"

I feel sorry for your Tegu; I really do. If you bought him with the mindless abandon in which your only real aim is to watch that... Sell him, watch the discovery channel.
Yes, because feeding your animals a live rat when your lizard is an adult is a terrible thing. I feel sorry for lot like you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam