• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Godzilla being aggresive and bad shed

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
I noticed Godzilla appetite is growing and he is more aggresive but maybe im wrong he has been trying to get out and also he runsvto my hand when I open the tank but I move my hand before he gets to hit because im not sure if he is going to bite also he is in a bad shed its like when he finishes his body shed he starts shedding again but im still having a hard time his humidity is 80% and I soak him every other day plus I put olive oil on him wat can I do i want this shed off please help and I dont want him to be aggresive also

from Samsung Galaxy S3

SomethingTegu

Olive oil didn't work that well for my tegu's really stuck tail shed. I used petroleum jelly recently after a 20 minute soak in warm water and it worked. I took him out of the bath and right away I applied the petroleum to his tail. Then I put him back in his enclosure, waited about an hour, and started picking at his tail. To my surprise it came off a lot easier, but the end of his tail is a bit harder so it will take more soaks+rub downs I think. I read a lot of threads about tegu shed problems recently and two things that seem to work better than oil is KY Jelly and petroleum Jelly.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The tail is typically the last part to shed, so if he is starting to shed soon after he finishes it would be normal for the tail to still have shed on it.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Also Godzilla has been trying to get out of his tank everyday boy is he strong I caught him pushing up the top of the tank today

from Samsung Galaxy S3

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
He is 26" I got him in a 55 gallon high tank wat he does is climv on top of his basking spot bricks and pushes to get out but I u guess he just wants attention and to look for food

from Samsung Galaxy S3

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He probably wants an enclosure that is the proper size for him.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
He only does it when he is hungry or wants out for atention im geting is enclosure made by February or march

from Samsung Galaxy S3

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If he doesn't hibernate that enclosure is going to be way to small in February/March.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
^^ Always a fun debate but I would say it depends on a lot of factors whether it's big enough or not. However, he needs a bigger cage already, by February he will be quite a bit bigger and you should really get on that.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Doubt he'll last in a 55 gallon till February or March let alone January if he doesn't hibernate. Already seems like it's too small.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
TegusRawsome80 said:
^^ Always a fun debate but I would say it depends on a lot of factors whether it's big enough or not. However, he needs a bigger cage already, by February he will be quite a bit bigger and you should really get on that.

Yes, there are several factors, but one being not knowing the full grown size, why build a 6' and than need a 8'. Just build a 8' now and if he only gets to 3-3.5' he will have some extra space.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
TegusRawsome80 said:
Yes, however since he already is having issues providing a 6 foot I don't know how realistic 8 feet is.

True, some people just need to stick to bearded dragons and leopard geckos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me