• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Give me some ideas

erk

5 Year Member
First off, the site looks great! It is very active, also. I'd like to see some statistics, like total posts per day, top poster, top poster per day, etc... Being able to look at that kind of info might also help when you guys do finally start looking for advertisers. I know that you can't run it free forever.

I hope I'm not being too nosy.... I'm just curious...

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How about a book forum? I dunno, maybe a place to give good\bad reviews on books or good info from them? Maybe the reptile news or Good\Bad forums could be updated instead?

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You could always add a frappr map to the forums. they are kinda of cool. lets you see everyone who has checked out the site on a google earth type map. plus you can post a pic with your name on it from your location.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.frappr.com/">http://www.frappr.com/</a><!-- m -->

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
You could always add a frappr map to the forums. they are kinda of cool. lets you see everyone who has checked out the site on a google earth type map. plus you can post a pic with your name on it from your location.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.frappr.com/">http://www.frappr.com/</a><!-- m -->

Yeah, that sounds cool. :)

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Just so ya know with the Frappr map it can be set directly onto the forum page without a sticky or thread. The one forum I am on has it at the bottom of the main thread page for all to see. Pretty Cool.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How about a reptile products section? people could discuss what brands/products they use and like/dislike. Whether it be certain brand foods, light bulbs, healthcare items, light fixtures, and the list could go on.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
How about a reptile products section? people could discuss what brands/products they use and like/dislike. Whether it be certain brand foods, light bulbs, healthcare items, light fixtures, and the list could go on.

Books too! :lol:

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have thought about a product review, where we can talk about pros and cons on products. I think that would make a great subject line.

Oddball

5 Year Member
I just want to say that the alternating tegutalk banner sounds great

I think if we had all the different types of tegus (as well as some non-tegu species) that would be more interesting, fun, and attractive to prospective members

I know that if we had pictures of dave's sugar crisp bear shaped baby blue tegu or my baby blue (*from his newest clutch) Comrade with the raised fist marking as a little clip that'd be interesting for newcomers to see and it also lets them know that tegu's are interesting creatures that not only look cool, but ARE cool, they're so cool their stripes could spell it out for them (lol)

ashesc212

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Could we have a light colored "plain" theme?? This looks too obviously NOT like work when I'm supposed to be working!!

HAHAHA I second that! I keep it in a little box in the corner and hope that people just see the big screen behind it! =)

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Oddball said:

I think if we had all the different types of tegus (as well as some non-tegu species) that would be more interesting, fun, and attractive to prospective members

I know that if we had pictures of dave's sugar crisp bear shaped baby blue tegu or my baby blue (*from his newest clutch) Comrade with the raised fist marking as a little clip that'd be interesting for newcomers to see and it also lets them know that tegu's are interesting creatures that not only look cool, but ARE cool, they're so cool their stripes could spell it out for them (lol)

...or how average their stripes can look like mine lol

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
DaveDragon said:
Could we have a light colored "plain" theme?? This looks too obviously NOT like work when I'm supposed to be working!!

HAHAHA I second that! I keep it in a little box in the corner and hope that people just see the big screen behind it! =)
Bobby like it the way it is and won't add the option. It is HIS forum.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
Oddball said:

...or how average their stripes can look like mine lol
I think you 2 are addicted to Tegu's!!!! :mrgreen:

Oddball

5 Year Member
only think? i know i am! ^_^ but thats cool
i understand that he likes his banner, and frankly i like it too
it was just something to throw out there and see if anyone liked it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads