• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Give me some ideas

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
I know all of you have some ideas for the site. Setup a poll and see what other members think we should do to expand our site. Who knows, maybe your idea can be implented to this vast growing site!

AB^

5 Year Member
What's up with a rotating banner, everytime you refresh the page you get a different tegu picture with the "Tegu Talk" logo, it would be neat to include each variation/species of Tupinambis

RedheadMommie

5 Year Member
How about a forum link between "search" and "memberlist" so we don't have to go all the way out to the home page to get to more topics...
:idea:

--Beth

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Could we have a light colored "plain" theme?? This looks too obviously NOT like work when I'm supposed to be working!!

LOLOL, that a good one!! Mike is working on making it where you can change you own. We will see how it goes.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm not kidding!!!! I refreshed the page about 9:30am and was told it couldn't connect. I quickly shut down all of the forums and hoped the IP's hadn't been banned by the IT people!

greentriple

5 Year Member
I'm not to Forum savy, but here are a few suggestions.

1. a FAQ page with answers to common questions. Take a look at Veranus.net. While the site is not running they do have a good FAQ section.

2. a photo section. We all love posting and looking at pictures.

3. a how to work a Forum for the stupid (that would be me).

4. an Events calender. So we know what's going on around us and around the country.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
greentriple said:
I'm not to Forum savy, but here are a few suggestions.

1. a FAQ page with answers to common questions. Take a look at Veranus.net. While the site is not running they do have a good FAQ section.

2. a photo section. We all love posting and looking at pictures.

3. a how to work a Forum for the stupid (that would be me).

4. an Events calender. So we know what's going on around us and around the country.

1. & 3. thats already an option with phpbb on every forum. Though it is already self explanatory and not needed. If you do need help, please refer to google. Type in PHPBB forum help. Theres downloadable manuals on there.

2. Photo albums are insecure with PHPbb, I've been looking into it, but it may not happen. Picture Forum, you can post pictures anywhere. The problem with having a dedicated section is that people will only look at the pictures, not worry about the other text posts.

4. calendar is possible. I'll think about it ;)

greentriple

5 Year Member
By FAQ section I meant regarding Tegus not working the site.

Thanks for the info. on the other stuff.

I guess I'll just start posting pics :shock:

COWHER

5 Year Member
whats up rehabralphy?. I just want to say everything looks great in here i love the black and red theme! here is something i would love to see, on the home page do a recent post list so we know the newest replies or newest posts. kinda like thetegu.con not that i want to mention that but i like seeing all the new stuff up front and center. great job im lovin every minute i spend here

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
greentriple said:
By FAQ section I meant regarding Tegus not working the site.

Thanks for the info. on the other stuff.

I guess I'll just start posting pics :shock:

Oh thats a possibility :)

COWHER said:
whats up rehabralphy?. I just want to say everything looks great in here i love the black and red theme! here is something i would love to see, on the home page do a recent post list so we know the newest replies or newest posts. kinda like thetegu.con not that i want to mention that but i like seeing all the new stuff up front and center. great job im lovin every minute i spend here

haha I know what ya mean. I've been searching around trying to find a neat mod to install. Somethings thats "original" if you know what I mean.

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
i don't want it to scroll by itsself it pisses me off when i misss something then have to restart id rather control my scroll

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Mvskokee said:
i don't want it to scroll by itsself it pisses me off when i misss something then have to restart id rather control my scroll

Theres really no way for me to do that. Sorry.

The scroller is there to show the last 10 posts. If you want to see new posts, scroll down to the forums. Any new forum that has a new post will have the star by it. This way, you want have to wait for it to reset itself on the scroller (which takes only 5 seconds....)

COWHER

5 Year Member
here is another thought rehabralphy maybe at the top of the page where we have "Home Chatroom" we can add forums i find myself always going back home then to the forums again 8) :lol:

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
COWHER said:
here is another thought rehabralphy maybe at the top of the page where we have "Home Chatroom" we can add forums i find myself always going back home then to the forums again 8) :lol:

I was actually trying to put one in, but for some reason I couldn't figure out how to take over the current webpage, other than making a new browser pop up.

For now, if you click the banner, it'll take you to the forums.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoeiyehi