• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Freaking out

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
She has seemed more interested in food by licking it but not eating shes been drinking water.. I saw yesterday two poops in cage she is housed with a male red so I think the very runny liquidy one was hers I haven't seen my tegus poop more than once a day each

could be constipated or just dehydrated ......... Makesure plenty of water is available, add water and fish oil in her food and plenty of warm baths.

Dylan koch

No not eating something else n yesterday I noticed 2 poops in my enclosures for the reds and one was super runny which looked to be hers and the other normal which I think was my males.. also I saw her take a bite today when I fed her this morning

Dylan koch

It's odd idk what it was maybe the male was being a bully? Idk because he tried to take one of her crickets and she stole it straight out of his mouth

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I think I'd separate her and feed her as much as she'll take.

Also - watch for her to poop tomorrow/next day. Any way of separating her from the rest?

Last edited:

Dylan koch

Idk what it was today she ate a couple pieces of chicken hearts and gizzards though so I'm glad shes doing better still dont know what was wrong with her because it has been warm in az for awhile now and have heater in reptile room because nights still get a little chill like high 50s low 60s sometimes n days of 90s but room never gets lower than 80s

Guman

Separate, increase temp. and soak every day. I can tell you that an extra-large Rubbermaid tub can handle the heat bc I have used it before as a hospital enclosure. Cut one-fourth of the lid off for light and heat, then cover another half with Towle, set the tub on a towel, and use some aluminum foil around sides reflect heat back into the tube. Last, add humidity and keep on paper. This way, you can monitor and know what is going on because otherwise, you are guessing. You can also use critter paper clumps sold at the pet supply store to allow the tegu to dig in, making themselves comfortable.

Guman

So I’m not sure what’s going on but I came home and got Diesels food ready then went to get him from his tank just like every other day and he jumped up at my hand and bit me so I let him settle a little and then left him alone for a couple minutes and he started running around his tank continuing to jump at the walls of his tank. So once he settled a bit more I went in again and this time he crawled up on my hand like usual and now just ate some chicken liver and eggs. I am very confused why he acted this way. Any advice? Do you think I handle it correctly?
How is your little one doing? It sounds like you are doing everything correctly. Soon your little one will developer manners.

Nikki Gregory

How is your little one doing? It sounds like you are doing everything correctly. Soon your little one will developer manners.
Oh my gosh! He’s like my best friend now! Lol we have developed a bond already! Atleast I think lol there is no hesitation at all getting him out of his tank or anything! He loves to crawl around my bed and then find a warm place against my body and fall asleep, that is if he’s not on my neck under my hair. he loves my hair. He’s weird lol. But he’s amazing! Thank you for checking on us!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029