• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Finally got my Chacoan!

BaiYing509

View attachment 10004 View attachment 10005 View attachment 10006 So far Jack (let my 3 year old son name him - he's obsessed with Jack Skellington!!) has shown no interest in crickets but ate a few bites of ground turkey this evening. Have a feeling I'm going to be fighting him on wanting to overwinter. Any suggestions on stimulating food for young tegus would be appreciated! He's right at 6 weeks old so I'd like him to at least grow a bit before shutting down for the winter. On a side note, I think my boxer (Duchess) has a new best friend - she is very intrigued by Jack the tegu! View attachment 10004View attachment 10005
Super sweet tegus, really gorgeous but that Duchess is awesome! I have 2 boxers myself that are service dogs. I have a rooftop tegu that has been so shy I have only seen her tongue and her tail. She has had encounters with the dogs but has always retreated and never even hissed at them. She guards us from the roof, we belong to her.

Last edited:

snibborsirk

Been a while so here's a couple of updated pics of Jack. He's got to be pushing 28" now at 7 months. Just ate a couple of hairless mice and a few strawberry slices. Starting to fill out a bit into a nice male tegu. Doing great although I think he misses having a lady friend around! Hope to find another one soon. Prefer a high white Chacoan/Argie or blue but I'm starting to consider a red female. I haven't seen any adult B&W x Reds though so I'm curious as to what they would look like. If anyone knows of any B&W x red adult pics please let me know.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

snibborsirk

Super sweet tegus, really gorgeous but that Duchess is awesome! I have 2 boxers myself that are service dogs. I have a rooftop tegu that has been so shy I have only seen her tongue and her tail. She has had encounters with the dogs but has always retreated and never even hissed at them. She guards us from the roof, we belong to her.

BaiYing...Looks like you have good taste as well...boxers and tegus! Our boxer literally loves everything. Jack (the tegu) doesn't even flinch now when she licks him - and she always licks him when he first comes out of the enclosure just like she does our kids first thing in the morning! On another note - Have you considered getting a motion activated camera to set up outside to take pics of your rooftop guardian? Wish I lived nearby so I could lend you one of the many I have at work!

BaiYing509

BaiYing...Looks like you have good taste as well...boxers and tegus! Our boxer literally loves everything. Jack (the tegu) doesn't even flinch now when she licks him - and she always licks him when he first comes out of the enclosure just like she does our kids first thing in the morning! On another note - Have you considered getting a motion activated camera to set up outside to take pics of your rooftop guardian? Wish I lived nearby so I could lend you one of the many I have at work!

That's so funny because boxers will lick anything to death! Boxer slime is probably better than a humidifier.

Yes I had game cameras up but mysteriously they were deactivated every time she was in frame. Got great pics of every feral cat drinking out of her pond and every time I throw the dogs water outside! But never of her, it's so frustrating. We have a joke that she is supernatural and can manipulate the technology to her suit her needs. It's the strangest thing because I went around the house for weeks with a mirror on a paintstick and had several repairmen jump up on the back of their trucks and ladders but she went poof! every time. And I can hear her crawling to the front to spend time with us when we are outside in the yard. She even lounges in the dog beds when we are inside. I can hear her land on the trash can but can't make it to the window in time to catch a glimpse. The closest I got was to see her tail, which is really really long! And one day I saw her tongue. I think she is just too fast for the cameras, as it says the fastest time is one second delay. You would think I would at least get a pic of her tail by now because she has a new route up to the roof and the camera covers more ground now. I found the black belly marks and claw scratches in the top of the handle of the ramp. The only way I know when she is above us if I don't hear her is her smell. She's one sneaky shy girl! And thank you much for the offer of the cameras!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makit5744