• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

extreme giant storm

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is it year round that he doesn't take them as often? Rango hasn't been too interested in them the last few months. He'll eat turkey, fish or liver when hes awake. I'm wondering if maybe whole prey takes more energy to digest or something, I'm not even sure if tegus have that kind of a though process haha. Instinct?

Either way, both of your gu's are looking awesome. I wish I had the space to get a couple more tegus, an extreme would be on the list for sure. I love how they all seem to fill out... And the coloring of course :D

Leo93

BEAUTIFUL TEGU!! I have a small b&w. He wont eat anything but mice. They are getting expensive tho. Would anybody recommend letting him get very hungry then try to feed him other things?

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Leo93 said:
BEAUTIFUL TEGU!! I have a small b&w. He wont eat anything but mice. They are getting expensive tho. Would anybody recommend letting him get very hungry then try to feed him other things?

I have done it to mine before, I see no issue with it as long as your tegu is healthy beforehand. It could be a couple days though.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
@virus bobby is pretty good at sexing the giants and the reds, lol i tried 3x's to get a male b/w from him they all ended up being females @rhetoricx during the summer he still didnt show much interest but he would eat them on occaisions @leo93 thanks, yes i would reccomend that, a tegu isnt going to starve his self, they do have f avorite foods they will hold out for, dont feed him for a few days and keep offering the new food he will cave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980