• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

extreme giant storm

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Got a few updated pics on my big boy, he has been growing a bit slower since he dosnt eat everyday but he is still geting huge especially with only being 18mos old and hibernating his first year, I'm just guestimating but I think he is around 4' and about 10-15lbs, the camera washed out a lot of his white, but you can still kinda see it in some of the pics

2011-12-13083440.jpg

2011-12-11171853-1.jpg

2011-12-13085328.jpg

2011-12-13085427.jpg

2011-12-13084920.jpg

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nice, he's getting huge!! Boon is about that long but he hasn't started to put on his adult bulkiness yet.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks, im kinda anxious for his appetite to pick bk up lol he will be a beast for sure by next summe

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Btw he isnt to fond of rodents idk why he will eat 1 maybe 2 mice a month if he even takes them at all,i c ant tell u how many times they sat in the bowl for hours while he ignored them, im switching to rats next week to see if it makes a difference

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That is why im extremely happy he is happy and calm lol i wouldnt know what to do if he turned aggresiv

ragnew

YES!!! Now that's what I'm talking about! He is a beast for sure. Great looking tegu reptastic! I really hope that Brahm follows in his footsteps! :-D On a side note, I can say I feel ya on the him not liking the rodent thing. Brahm has nothing to do with the darn things. I pitch them into the dish after they're thawed out and he refuses to eat them. Has eaten maybe 4 of them the entire time I've had him.

Hmmmm... maybe it's a Blizard x Sugar thing! :)

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lol idk what it is, i find it funny when he acts dumbfounded and will sit there looking at it with a "what is it?" look or when he slowly wave it in the air, i told him its food not a white surrender flag lol, i know jefrokas giant is a year older than storm and he dont eat rodents well either, its perplexing that he is bulking up off chicken parts and ground turkey, now rayne will devour any rodent that crosses her path with no hesitation

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
WOW! That is a big, gorgeous tegu! I really want an extreme, but there is no room at the inn, haha

I can't imagine my tegus walking away from rodents. Only at hibernation time....

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Me either, i will try to split the rats head a bit when i make the switch and hope for the best, i cant wait til the summer gets here im getting a harness and imma start taking him to the park, he will really be huge by then

Virus

I really wanta giant male, so that makes these pics aven cooler.

Whenever you ordered him, there wasn't really any garuntee of the sex was there?

Again, great tegu man.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks, no there wasnt a garantee, i did request a male but as u know it can go either way sometimes im glad hes a he lol cuz thats what i really wante

Virus

Yeah, that's really fortunate for you. I want a male just for size potential, though either way, I'm sure I'd be happy, as I like the females slender faces.

Right now I'm afraid to put a deposit down for Varnyard, not because of anything against him, but all animals on 'backorder', I'd be afraid to get one reserved.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980