• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Extreme bit my face

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Yeah thats a great point there still animals and you never know what they might do,just have to becareful and respect them.I think her gu will be fine.

herpgirl2510

Yes I did. I had a hot dog I am not sure if I touched my face after I cut it before I washed my hands. That's why I was saying I thought he must have smelled something. He has just started really havig an appetite lately he is still very shy he has hibernated most of his first year and never handled.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I feel jinxed now, cause rayne bit me today lol, it wasnt an aggresive bite(like my red use to give me) she did the same thing as chevy tounge flicking really fast and before i knew it whack, i was fixing the water dish they somehow knocked over, she immediatly let go and went to bask lol

herpgirl2510

It was very light bite it left the smallest red mark. At this age they seem like they go through a huge growth spurt anything that smeels like food probably gets then going. He has been great since then.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thats how rayne's bit was it didnt hurt much, and i know how hard a tegu could bite from personalo experience and that tegu was only 2' and rayne is 3' lol, it drew a few specks of blood nothing maor

herpgirl2510

When I was offering Tonka a mouse on tongs he got very excited and somehow bit my toe pretty hard. It left a four scratches one on top of the other and swelled a little but it is fine now. I yelped and he was as startled as I was. He just bit and released so the scratches were like you would get from a rosebush.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
herpgirl2510 said:
Yes I did. I had a hot dog I am not sure if I touched my face after I cut it before I washed my hands. That's why I was saying I thought he must have smelled something. He has just started really havig an appetite lately he is still very shy he has hibernated most of his first year and never handled.

Beauregard's appetite for the last 6 weeks or so has been absolutely tremendous.

I believe he is going through the terrible twos/puberty. If I don't take him out to roam every day now he grows upset trying to push the door of his enclosure open.

He is taking some amount of food every day now but mostly he just wants to prowl, apparently he's hoping to find a prospective mate!

Seems like everyone's tegus are going through something this time of year.

...Jefroka

teguboy77

5 Year Member
herpgirl2510 said:
When I was offering Tonka a mouse on tongs he got very excited and somehow bit my toe pretty hard. It left a four scratches one on top of the other and swelled a little but it is fine now. I yelped and he was as startled as I was. He just bit and released so the scratches were like you would get from a rosebush.

Darn glad nobody got bit to serious geez,it must be tegu bit month idk.:)

herpgirl2510

I can't leave my B&w Tonk in his enclosure at all. He likes to be out all day basking at the screen door. My extreme just started to sratch to come out. I get nervouse because he is smaller than chevy I worry I will lose him like my first tegu.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Rayne has learned to scratch to come out too, i learned yesterday it means she has to poop lol, raynes appetite is picking up too, i feel another growth spurt coming on *rolls eyes* storm has his days were he demolishes his food, i think between the 2 they put away about 3lbs of food a week(not including mice) oh and you know what i realized i hadnt fed them yet when i got bit, she was just hungry

herpgirl2510

My B&W the last few days follows me around the kitchen whenever I go in their like my dogs. He was looking up at me begging just like my dogs. Too cute I had to feed him a few huge horn worms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me