• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Dream reptiles

montana

Ever since I was a kid and watched Johnny Quest I thought I could do with a brace of Komoto Dragons ...

I take it that extinct species don`t count ...

There is a fellow in Florida that raises Aldabra Tortoises ...Interesting but limited market for thousand pound turtles....

I think I would have to go with an alligator ranch ...Good market for the product .. Doable ..
Wouldn`t have to work anywhere else and you you could keep ALL KINDS of other species too and deduct them as a business expense .

As business you could Have Buildings ,cars ,trucks ,walk in freezers ... Get the Idea ???

Also as a side business you could have a Zoo of sorts monkeys, snakes .. You name it ..
I could hire Tobe H to Wrestle the larger gaters for me ...

frost

1,000+ Post Club
hmm,interesting reptiles.iv always wanted a komodo dragon and an albino alligator. and if were going nonexistant reptiles,i want gamera, demballa, and a mini t rex. or a spinosaurus. =]

RobK.

james.w said:
RobK. said:
I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED A ALDABRA TORTOISE. BUT THATS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN . 2 nd is a Rhino iguana that i just got . so i am happy !!

here you go Rob... http://www.tortoisesupply.com/products/Baby-Aldabra-Tortoise.html

I would say for me it would be a albino water monitor or Lace monitor.

i just don't live in a warm enough area for one , and at my age its just not a good idea getting something thats going to live that longer than me . even my Rhino is going to out live me . If i were younger and still lived in calfornia ,and had a yard as big as our current home , i would save up and get one.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
When I was a little girl, I dreamed of owning a Komodo! Now as an adult, I have want reptiles and dream reptiles. I want a caiman lizard, rhino iguana, and a black headed python. I dream of owning a breeding pair of black indigos, gopher tortoises, and being able to keep my alligators beyond 4ft.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
As I'm on the laptop, the Today show is in the background. I never watch the today show, but I didn't feel like channel surfing. Some Wildlife guy pulls out an Indigo....nice!!!

jumper123

I want a blue tegu, killer bee ball python, leachiee gecko, and a gator!

Or a black throat or a kamodo :) not as cuddly as my tegus though...

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RobK, that's what kids are for, lol. My 15yo daughter loves turtles/tortoises. I have a young box turtle and a young Sulcata. She has agreed to take them on for me. I thought that was pretty cool. It is something to consider when you take in a long-lived animal.

roastedspleen

dream reptiles? i could fill up this list but i guess ill choose my favorites.
Grande Terre Giants, a burmese python, or a caiman lizard.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
for me, my dream reptiles are an asian water monitor, a b/t monitor, a blue caymen iguana and albino granite burmese python, yeah i like em big lol, maybe one of these days when i buy a farm lol

La-Price

well i kinda have mine, i've wanted a bearded dragon for a while. i love my charizard, fat fire beast that he is. however now that i'm more acquainted with the herp world theres more that id like to come in contact with or have.

sand boa (i work with one, hes pretty cool)
my own tegu (i love ace's though, shes such a sweety)
my own monitor of some sort (we have set, little freckled monitor, as expensive and hard to come by as they are i'd like to have one of the dwarf species or a big o'l nile :) )
more leopard geckos!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam