• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

dead ameiva

AB^

5 Year Member
They are awesome to keep.
Unfortunatly a lot of the time they end up here in the US looking similar to this or loaded with parasites and other conditions.

:cry:

emaciated.jpg

AB^

5 Year Member
on a happier note, I uploaded some very old pictures of the ones I used to keep. Enjoy!

tigerhabitat.jpg

grampsonlog.jpg

grampsavmate.jpg

geckoameiva.jpg

GAY.jpg

ZEKE

5 Year Member
nice AB! was that skinny one yours when you first got it? is it one of the healthy ones in the other pics?

playlboi

5 Year Member
looks like you spent some major hours on the set up AB. how long did it take you to get that thing up? looks real nice though.

AB^

5 Year Member
Mike- I had a couple clutches that the other ameivas got to before i did, My favorite female ended up being egg bound and died too. The last clutches I had incubating for more than a month then I got kicked out of my house at the time. When I was able to return for them a couple weeks later they were all dried up.

The "mating" in this last set of pictures is actually what I beleive to be a domination display as the larger one is the one being mounted on page 1 of this thread and kicked out 2 clutches of eggs if I remember correctly.

Zeke- That is one I received that only lived maybe a week.

Playboi- I was always changing around that terrirum and spent countless hours arranging and rearranging the terrarium decor
Though, I would not use a glass cage for them if I kept them again.
I would go with a solid topped front opening cage.
anywho here's some old terrarium designs I used for them when I kept them

enclosure2.jpg

enclosure.jpg

cage.jpg

thecage.jpg

if you look closely you can see a lizard in each pic.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My father recently took a trip through the pantanal....wish I could have gone with him. He got his hands on a wild yellow anaconda (not fully grown, obviously, and has the pics to prove it.) lol; he saw it basking and jumped off the lil boat (very shallow at this point) and got a grip around it's neck behind the head. The other people in his group got fairly freaked :p
He also had pics of a few ameivas I believe, but I only got to see the pics briefly, and didn't get a close enough look to identify what types of ameivas they were.

snakehandler

5 Year Member
DZLife said:
My father recently took a trip through the pantanal....wish I could have gone with him. He got his hands on a wild yellow anaconda (not fully grown, obviously, and has the pics to prove it.) lol; he saw it basking and jumped off the lil boat (very shallow at this point) and got a grip around it's neck behind the head. The other people in his group got fairly freaked :p
He also had pics of a few ameivas I believe, but I only got to see the pics briefly, and didn't get a close enough look to identify what types of ameivas they were.

that dead ameiva was in the Pantanal.

snakehandler

5 Year Member
AB^ said:
Mike- I had a couple clutches that the other ameivas got to before i did, My favorite female ended up being egg bound and died too. The last clutches I had incubating for more than a month then I got kicked out of my house at the time. When I was able to return for them a couple weeks later they were all dried up.

The "mating" in this last set of pictures is actually what I beleive to be a domination display as the larger one is the one being mounted on page 1 of this thread and kicked out 2 clutches of eggs if I remember correctly.

Zeke- That is one I received that only lived maybe a week.

Playboi- I was always changing around that terrirum and spent countless hours arranging and rearranging the terrarium decor
Though, I would not use a glass cage for them if I kept them again.
I would go with a solid topped front opening cage.
anywho here's some old terrarium designs I used for them when I kept them

enclosure2.jpg

enclosure.jpg

cage.jpg

thecage.jpg

if you look closely you can see a lizard in each pic.

some nice set ups you made there..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980