• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

dead ameiva

snakehandler

5 Year Member
Dead ameiva found on a farm in Brazil.
Ameivas are common in rural areas in Brazil and often killed by dogs.

STA71515.jpg

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
Darn it bro. I wanna get a few amievas for a display and all I ever hear about is dead ones. That depresses me.

joshandjack

5 Year Member
i think ameivas are real pretty teids, i used to own a few when i was young but they were tough to acclimate, very wild and usually full of parasites. i heard that along with iguanas, and anoles, ameivas have also been introduced to florida.

ZEKE

5 Year Member
wow thats a good lookin ameiva. green ameiva (ameiva ameiva) i believe. but AB^ will probably come in here and correct me lol :)

:app

AB^

5 Year Member
ZEKE said:
wow thats a good lookin ameiva. green ameiva (ameiva ameiva) i believe. but AB^ will probably come in here and correct me lol :)

:app

You are correct that is indeed Ameiva ameiva, I will work with the genus again some day, but until then it's always good to relive the good times, as they were the reptiles that got me back into the hobby after a 10 year leave.

boneing.jpg

AmeivaMatingZoomPic1.jpg

tigerlog.jpg

tigerground.jpg

beastonlog.jpg

beast.jpg

tigertree.jpg

all3.jpg

chillin2.jpg

I Know that's a LOT of pictures but being AB^ (Ameivaboy)
can you blame me?
Awesome intruiging captives, it's so sad the way most imports arrive into the states only to suffer and die.

ZEKE

5 Year Member
snakehandler said:
In brazil they roam the gardens. You sit amaong the plants and then there are a lot of ameivas.

nice pictures..

man i would love to go there. i bet they are awesome to watch in the wild. here is mine.

Jasper (R.I.P)

DSCN10400001.jpg

DSCN11880004.jpg

DSCN11870003.jpg

DSCN11770001.jpg

DSCN10380001.jpg

DSCN10180001.jpg

DSCN10220001_1.jpg

DSCN10290002.jpg

DSCN10270001.jpg

DSCN10370005.jpg

wow i have allot of pictures lol.