• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cheyenne is prego.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ok its 6:20 in the morrning.Iv been up allllll night..Im beat...and i know my baby girl is too.. She layed 19 eggs!!!!! All which seem normal..no discoloration..all white..I can see a red/orangie thing inside so im hopeing that means they are fertile :fc !!
I made an incubator with what i could. tank heater and 2 rubbermaid bowls with natrual soil in them(i couldnt find Vermiculite(sp?) but i did have alittle bit of pearlite but not enough for both bowls...The temp. is 82 and the humidity is about 90.. Im hopeing this will be fine.
Pics will come when i wake up this afternoon somtime.

ObsessionDragons

5 Year Member
Oh, congrats, Lexi!!!! Can't wait to see some pics!

And yes, the temp is perfect. But I never used a humidity gauge with mine, and can't remember what it's supposed to be. Maybe Tux knows?

Swtbrat

5 Year Member
In my experience the red/orangie thing inside does mean they are fertile and needs to be face up when you place them in the medium.Once you place the eggs you should refrain from moving them or turning them.

Brat!

Swtbrat

5 Year Member
I didn't see anyone mention she will lay more eggs from the same mating.My girls lay 3 clutches about 3 weeks a part.By the time she is done you will have maybe 60 to 70 eggs. :p

Brat!

ZEKE

5 Year Member
congrats lexi!! those are some nice looking beardies. i cant wait to see how the babies look.

wake up!! i want to see pictures!

:app

joshandjack

5 Year Member
i just now realized we were talking about dragons, i kind of just assumed they were tegus, and when you said prego you werent kidding, wow. good thing you didnt take my advice and leave her with the male, 19 eggs with pinkish yokes, sounds like she was fertile enough.

Tux

5 Year Member
Thats great lexi, and a good sized clutch of eggs there. As for humidity, I think I mentioned it in PM but anything above 70 is fine 70-90 really is a good range. You don't even really need the gage though, you will notice if the eggs start to dry out a bit, it that happens just mist to get humidity up. If humidity becomes a real issue you can always put a very thin layer of moist medium over the eggs though.

Make sure that girl gets her calcium and rest as I mentioned, shes gonna need it. Congrats!

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
She has eatting a BIG plate of veggies and i am waiting on giving her a bath ...she is still kinda sleepy.. here are some pics!
DSC02149.jpg

DSC02150.jpg

DSC02152.jpg

DSC02158.jpg

DSC02159.jpg

DSC02162.jpg

DSC02153.jpg

Well there are the eggs..Here are some other pics of her laying...I have videos but it will taken a while to load onto photobucket.
DSC02155.jpg

DSC02156.jpg

In thoes 2 pics her head isnt sticking out because she made to tunnels that conected..so her head was on the other side.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hehe im so happy! Thank you for being awake at 6 in the morrning for me!!!!

ObsessionDragons

5 Year Member
Oh, such perfect little eggs! That's so funny that she tunneled all the way through like that, and great that you got to see what was going on with the opposite end!

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ObsessionDragons said:
Oh, such perfect little eggs! That's so funny that she tunneled all the way through like that, and great that you got to see what was going on with the opposite end!
when i put her back in her tank she fell asleep...but then she got back up around 2:30-3 am and was diggin again. so i put her back in the lay box and she finished her tunnel...but 4 am she was pushin the little eggies out! I was amazed at how many she had..i thought it was only going to be 6-8.

ObsessionDragons

5 Year Member
Poor girl just couldn't wait any more! You're lucky you heard her up and about so you could get her into the bin. She did a fantastic job, as did her mommy!

Yeah, beardies can lay fairly large clutches. Our girls have laid anywhere from 15 to 38. Keep in mind, though...they lay more than one clutch per year, usually 3-4. The clutches come anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks apart (although we had one girl that laid every 10 days!). So make sure you write down when this batch was laid, so you'll remember to keep an eye on her in a few weeks for that frantic acting behavior.

I'm so proud of both of you!!!

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thank you so much.. You help me with alot of info!!! I kinda hope she doesnt have anymore right now..cause i will need to make another incubator.. (the one i made is doing a good job!)

ObsessionDragons

5 Year Member
Lexi said:
Thank you so much.. You help me with alot of info!!! I kinda hope she doesnt have anymore right now..cause i will need to make another incubator.. (the one i made is doing a good job!)

Well, in that case, you'll need to separate her from the daddy. If, however, she lays another clutch once she's been separated from him, and if you don't change your mind, you could always freeze the eggs once she lays them. Fair warning though: putting eggs in the freezer is a lot easier said than done, once you see the adorable pooters that come out of those eggs.

That being said, you've got plenty of time to either make another incubator or order one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980