• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chewie, the argentine that thinks he's a giant.

mikecrowder23

5 Year Member
good idea awd, i actually got one from bobby a couple months ago he was about 16 inches long and i was walking my dog and he jumped off my shoulder and into the woods. i was diving and scrambling after him but that was the last i saw, i dug around for hours and not a thing, so this little fella wont be getting out under any other circumstances than a leash.

AWD247

5 Year Member
Thats kool its working for you, I think thats my next thing to introduce, that way I can have him get out more often, its getting to the point that I take him out more often and been noticing that he wants out more often too.

simon021

5 Year Member
exactly which harness is that? I was out on the deck today letting him soak up some rays when a little girl came running by and freaked him out. He took off like a lightning bolt. Luckily he ran right under the deck and I was able to get him pretty quick. No more trips outside until I can get a leash on him. I wasnt exactly sure which size I would need at this point, as I'm sure it wont last long. Long enough to keep him around while outside in the sun. I tell ya, that natural sunshine brings out the wild in these Tegus!

mikecrowder23

5 Year Member
it's the t-rex reptile comfort leash, i got the medium which looks like it'll work for a month maybe 6 weeks more but it was only around 10 bucks at petsmart. he's fine once it's on but getting it on bymyself was a task, i guess it takes a womans touch 'cause when my wife helped out he was a perfect gentleman. and yes i know how that sun brings the wild out in them, i lost one to it and i'm not about to make that mistake again......ever!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
yeah that would be cool if they were brothers here is a recent pic of him his name is nero

09041932.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan