• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chacoan White Giant name change.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RehabRalphy said:
PuffDragon said:
Jaw dropping COOL@##@!!! Keep up the great work!! Somewhere down the line I hope to get an Extreme!!!

I'm not quite sure if this is the same person, but when I joined RZ in 2004, I do remember meeting you on the site under the bearded dragons.

If its not you, oh well. WELCOME TO THE SITE THOUGH!

Its good to see familiar faces. :D

Eew Repticzone. :lol: Too bad it's overrun with spammers and trolls....

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Mike said:
RehabRalphy said:
PuffDragon said:
Jaw dropping COOL@##@!!! Keep up the great work!! Somewhere down the line I hope to get an Extreme!!!

I'm not quite sure if this is the same person, but when I joined RZ in 2004, I do remember meeting you on the site under the bearded dragons.

Eew Repticzone. :lol: Too bad it's overrun with spammers and trolls....

They don't like me over there. I tend to speak my mind very often, if you havent already noticed. And most of the time, my words can be thought to be "rude". Well, that's pretty much that way all the time... hahahahaha

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Haha same here. I got screamed at on the BD and cage forums because I have dirt in their cages. Go figure. :lol:

That site seems to be dominated by kids who have no experience, but have done research. That, of course, leads to regurgitated info with nothing to back it up. Shame. I also wonder why repticzone gets so many spammers.

For those people who use solid substrate.....

With high temps, loose substrate is no problem. Several of us on the monitor forum have used dirt for BDs for years, no problems. One of the main posters on the BD forum uses sand for all of hers, babies included.

Maybe the reason it is so hard to post your (mine too) mind there is because it is "kid friendly".

They don't like me over there. I tend to speak my mind very often, if you havent already noticed. And most of the time, my words can be thought to be "rude". Well, that's pretty much that way all the time... hahahahaha

I could say the same. :wink: :) :lol:

olympus

5 Year Member
Dont worry Bobby if I hear about anybody selling fugayzy chacoan tegus I'll send the hit out and get em' whacked... 8) 8) 8)

greentriple

5 Year Member
Bobby,

I assume that by a V you mean that there is no intersecting line making a diamond or a triangle. Correct? So looking at the picture you provided the point of the V moves into two arms that go down the neck, at no time is there a line that connects the two arms of the V? I note a little line on the throat, but it does not meet the arms of the V. I this all correct? If there is a line connecting the two arms of the V is this still consistent with your "Giants" or does this make it a "regular tegu?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I made it more plain to see here, in the Giants that I have seen it does not break, it also ends at the side of the jaw.

DSCN1729qq.jpg

DSCN1817q.jpg

DSCN1817.jpg

greentriple

5 Year Member
That didn't help. Mine has a V which starts at the chin and ends at the jaw, however it is thicker and has a line connecting the ends of the V arms creating a triangle under my gu's jaw. I purchased him from a pet store and have no reason to believe he's anything but a regular b&w.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
greentriple said:
That didn't help. Mine has a V which starts at the chin and ends at the jaw, however it is thicker and has a line connecting the ends of the V arms creating a triangle under my gu's jaw. I purchased him from a pet store and have no reason to believe he's anything but a regular b&w.

I have seen it in the normals, but it does not go all the way without breaking.

More like / \

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Also it would need to have the peachy creamy color. Does yours have it?

greentriple

5 Year Member
His V does not break at the top. He's a little tanish but I would not call him peachy. I as just curious since he does have a thick V or rather a triangle. I don't have any pics of his neck but will take one soon and send it to you. Like I wrote, I picked him up as a standard B&W Argentine from LLLReptiles.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well it is possable, when we were getting the animals ready for shipping one that I sent to Ben was a Giant. My wife got them mixed up, I did not realize it until I got ready to ship the other one that was going to be a Giant, it was found to be a normal, at that point I did send a Giant instead of that one. So Ben did get one of my Giants instead of a normal, so there is one of my Giants floating around out there somewhere.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
greentriple said:
I'm confused. What does Ben have to do with LLLReptiles in Oceanside CA., where I picked up El Che?

Ben Siegel reptiles could have done some swapping with LLLReptiles, this is quite common at the shows. So it is possible that it could be that one.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RehabRalphy said:
PuffDragon said:

Just saw this ralphy. It wasn't me but we can still be friends :p

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Another very big difference is the egg size and weight. The normal egg weight is 16 grams, the Extreme egg weight is 26 grams, that is a 10 gram difference in egg weight.

DSCN0945.jpg

normal_DSCN1341.jpg

normal_Chaco20hatch.jpg

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That does it. When I get the money and some are available I am going to get one from you Bobby!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980