• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

breeding colombians

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Kevin, years ago Colombian tegus came in two types, Colombian Blacks and Colombian Golds. It was just in the last few years they started calling them Black and Whites, this was another ploy to make people think that they were getting Argentines instead of the Colombians.

I was catching people making these claims and showing them to be scammers. Ray's Reptilia, Jeremy Merritt and Kristy Merritt are a few of them right off the top of my head.

AB^

5 Year Member
haha I remeber growing up all seeing "golds" and "colombians"
I'm glad some taxonomic work has been done breaking up teguixin and nigropunctuatus

angelrose

5 Year Member
I'm starting to worry here. I am pretty sure I have a gravid gold. I will get a pic today to show Bella's belly.

my male gold 'Beau' is soooo horny all of the time he even tries to get my b/w Angel and my female arg. but, that's another story.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
angelrose, if your gold tegu is gravid, that would be very interesting to see
as far as breeding columbian tegus go, i think some methods needs to be done, like Ron Tremper did with this pacman frogs, he created an artifical rain storm to get his pacman frogs to mate

malevolence714

5 Year Member
I Have Bred Them

Ive done it and Im waiting for my clutch to hatch. Heres the link. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2899&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=">http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=</a><!-- m -->

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980