• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

BLUE TEGU HATCHLINGS for Sale!! 2 STILL AVAILABLE!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Re: BLUE TEGU HATCHLINGS for Sale!! SHE'S LAID!!!

I finally candled the eggs. Found 2 slugs.

BUT THE REST HAVE VEINS!!!!! 20 EGGS & 52 DAYS TO GO!!!

ashesc212

5 Year Member

Wow, that's a lot of fertile little guys! I'm so excited for you!

Beasty

5 Year Member

I hope she produces for you bro! I know you need it. I just got fired. I'm looking at possibly liquidating everything and moving back to FL to be with my kids. We'll see what lies ahead. :bud

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

Here's a pic of the eggs. Most of the eggs in the left tub were put in there by our 12 year old son after being told numerous times not to bother the nest. He didn't wash them either. In the right column of the left tub, the middle egg has a slight leak. I'm going to try putting some New Skin on it to seal it. Any other ideas???

IMG_2711_.jpg

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

29 days to go!!! 18 eggs. 1 eggs has some green mold on it, I clean it every other day, it still looks good.

nivek5225

5 Year Member

Woooo! How long do you keep them after hatching before shipping them?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

No I can't. It's illegal to export Tegu's (and most other reptiles) without an export license and the proper paper work, which is very expensive and takes a long time. If you did some searching I'm sure you could find an exporter who I could ship them too, but it would probably cost many times the value of the Tegu's and take a few months for the paperwork. Bobby is familiar with the process since he's still waiting for paperwork to ship Tegu's to Germany through an exporter.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

21 days to go!! The one slightly moldy egg has gotten soft, I don't think it's going to make it. The other eggs are very firm and are looking like they're going to explode. I have to take some new pics.

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member

DaveDragon said:
21 days to go!! The one slightly moldy egg has gotten soft, I don't think it's going to make it. The other eggs are very firm and are looking like they're going to explode. I have to take some new pics.

awesome Dave :-D final count down

txrepgirl

5 Year Member

Wow.I remember that feeling from last year :lol: ( counting the days ).I can't wait until they are finaly hatching.Good luck Dave with the rest off them.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

Here's a comparison of how Tegu eggs "grow" while they're maturing in the incubator. The first pic is some of the eggs 10 days after laying.

IMG_2711_1.jpg

The second pic is after 40 days. The scale of the pics aren't the same but you can see how the 10 day old eggs are pill shaped and the 40 day old eggs look more like the chicken eggs we're familiar with. The eggs have internal pressure that keeps them stiff feeling, a soft egg is a dud or is dead.

IMG_2879_1.jpg

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

18 days to go!!

17 eggs still look great. The one moldy egg isn't dented any more, maybe it'll make it. Who knows, there may be another "runt" this litter!

txrepgirl

5 Year Member

Thanks Dave for keeping us posted.It's good to hear that it doesn't have a dent in it.It's OK if it's a runt as long as he/she makes it.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

It this one ends up being another runt there's no way my wife will let this one go. She's still kicking my butt for selling the last one. That should have been a keeper! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus