• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Black and White Tegus in Canada

FoxxCola

5 Year Member
I hope this is posted in the right spot..

But I was just wondering if there is anyone from Canada (more specifically Ontario) that knows of any Black and White Tegu breeders. The only place I can find them is at the local Pet Value and I would prefer to avoid those stores. At this rate I don't know if I will ever get a Tegu :cry:

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Don't worry, there are plenty of tegu's in Ontario. I happen to own two! I recommend checking out <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.reptilescanada.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.reptilescanada.com</a><!-- w --> . Join and check out the classifieds, there seems to be a big boom for tegus lately. There has been 5 tegus for sale on there ranging from Jan 5th to Feb 24th. Now whether they are still for sale or not is a guess to me. You can also check out <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ReptileKings.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.ReptileKings.com</a><!-- w --> , just shoot Sam an email about tegus and he can get them in. They are a bit pricier ($240) then some other people but I trust Sam a lot and can't see him selling poor quality animals. I've never bought a animal from him but he is a great guy to talk with.

Trust me, there are plenty of places to buy tegus from I just don't think there are any breeders in Canada.

Spencer

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
I have the same problem, I live in Newfoundland and the only place I know of to get a Tegu is a pet store.
Thanks for that info Spencer

CaterpillarGiraffe

5 Year Member
I live in Aurora, Ontario Canada.
I got my Tegu from a breeder at the Mississauga Reptile Expo.
There's also ReptileKings.com that someone up there already recommended and Captiveherps.com

CaterpillarGiraffe

5 Year Member
Also, if you look on Kijiji.ca under "Other pets for sale", you can usually find some Tegus that people don't want. (normally at a small size, too.)

FoxxCola

5 Year Member
Thank you :)

actually I was going to go to the Mississauga Reptile Expo, but I ended up going to the Sudburry one instead. They only had two Tegus there. Both Argentine Black and White, both $225...

But I ended up getting a Columbian for $80 off of Kijiji from a women who was very scared of him (He was a tad bit bigger than her bearded dragon :p). But he's a sweeheart and is actually very tame. Only later to find out that there is a guy in Orillia who sells Black and White Argentines for $79 :doh

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
Do you know if any of these people ship?
I live in Newfoundland. And...
I emailed reptilekings.com about 4 days ago and never heard back yet :S

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
dragonqueen4 said:
Do you know if any of these people ship?
I live in Newfoundland. And...
I emailed reptilekings.com about 4 days ago and never heard back yet :S

Thats not like Sam to not email you back. Try emailing him again, it might have ended up in his junk/spam folder somehow. Counting all the emails I've had with Sam the longest I needed to wait was one day for a reply.

Also Sam ships worldwide so I can't see him not being able to ship NFL

Spencer

Patimus

5 Year Member
I acquired mine at an exotic reptile expo in my city. :) They had two Tegus there. A male Argentine, and a female Argentine, when I got there at the end of the day, the female was only left so I snagged her.

whiteheadnathan

5 Year Member
If you live close to Hamilton Ontario, there is a store in the down town called The Reptile Store... i know really unique... but they sell EXCELENT reptiles, always top quality. They turn away many animals that will not grow to be healthy big animals.

FoxxCola

5 Year Member
I live about 4 hours away from Hamilton...I could go there I guess, I did drive 3 hours for the last expo. Maybe next time I'm in Toronto I'll head down. But that is a bit far for DragonQueen I think :p

Tux

5 Year Member
I will have some this season.....not the cheapest but the best stock your going to find :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980