• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Baby Rhino ??

Varanus K.Face

I dont know what it is, but bobo is right up front and gets the most traffic, and he loves people and can even free roam the shop sometimes....but that crazy female....she is gnarly. She gets less traffic than bobo, but still a decent amount, and is easily one of the top 5 most aggressive animals we have....and mind you, we breed retics, rock pythons, and we keep croc monitors. Ill post a pic of her one day....shes huge and beautiful, very impressive animal...just not one I want to play with. Ever.

RobK.

james.w said:
As soon as I open my cage he bolts to the other side. I'm gonna move him into a smaller cage and see if it will help.

When i open his cage in the morning my rhino is still a sleep . He's a sound sleeper !! Not so sure he like his baths though , as he is breathing very heavy when i put him back in his cage , and he takes way longer to calm down and eat then on the days he does not have a bath . Those days i spray him down with warm water , at least twice a day . They are spooky little sucker for sure !!

He loves the Rep-Cal adult iguana food (as a treat ) i soak them until they are so waterlogged they sink . I give him 6 after he's pigged out on his veggies and a few more later in the day. He's so funny he will chase them like dog playing fetch . its a good way for him to get use to me IMO .

RobK.

james.w said:
I hope mine is at least somewhat tame.

me too !!

james.w said:
Are you still using the humidifier?

yes , I have room humidifier i run during the day and the Wal- Greens humidifier i run 1/2 hour on and 1/2 half hour off 24/7 . At night i spray his cage down so it keeps it at around 70 % all night with the humidifier on the cage going . Did you get those 4 working right or did you take them back ? They must have a bad valve on the bottles , its only thing i could be if you getting too much water .

hangtown530

Mine was going to sleep early also for a while there but now he's up until around 6:30 pm but doesn't like to get up until around 8-9:30 am. He was doing the same as yours for the first almost 2 weeks. I've only had him for a month so we'll see how it goes. He's extremely flighty at times but if I don't move to fast for him he'll put up with my hand being pretty close but not touching him by all means. I bought mine from Rob Ehrig but I did speak to Tom about his and he told me to just leave him alone all together and let him come to me in time when he is more comfortable. I asked about bathing and got an ear full from Tom. He said whoever told me to bathe my rhino is wrong and that in the environment there's not a lot of water to begin with and all bathing does is freak him out. I don't know?? lol My rhino is pretty funny though :)

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah I got mine to work right. I just switched the bottles I was using and the valve screws onto the bottle.

RobK. said:
james.w said:
I hope mine is at least somewhat tame.

me too !!

james.w said:
Are you still using the humidifier?

yes , I have room humidifier i run during the day and the Wal- Greens humidifier i run 1/2 hour on and 1/2 half hour off 24/7 . At night i spray his cage down so it keeps it at around 70 % all night with the humidifier on the cage going . Did you get those 4 working right or did you take them back ? They must have a bad valve on the bottles , its only thing i could be if you getting too much water .

RobK.

james.w said:
Could you send me some seeds and some directions on how to get them to grow?

Here are my Moringa trees . Once transplanted water once a week OR when you see the leaves start to wilt . Don't over water . My soil is very sandy , so i need to water them every 5 days not 7 . I think i added too much sand . N.Utah is not the best place to grow Moringa trees or Rhino Iguanas :rolleyes: Nevada , Florida or Arizona would be way better ,but i am not moving, i love it here . So i need heaters and plenty of lights . My electric bill was not very bad, BUT as soon as i got my Rhino the weather improved and the heaters were on way less , so i will see what happens next winter . I bought a electric generator and a big buddy propane heater , just encase the power goes off next winter ( it always does but not for long ) we also have a natural gas heater in the basement that needs no power . Don't even ask what i have into my Rhino and the cage and everything . MY WIFE THINKS I AM NUTS , She may have a point !!:D:rolleyes:

Moringatrees.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980