• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

BABY BLUE ARRIVED SAFE! (pic)

Oddball

5 Year Member
The new baby blue I got from Dave arrived earlier today safe and sound. Name still undecided. He has taken refuge in the shirt I put in his tank (for scent familiarity) and so far the only pic I have is this one here. More will come of all 25 of our animals, including this little one here

1118081606.jpg

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That's a great tail shot!!! :mrgreen:

That's great news!!! I hope you enjoy him as much as we enjoy ours. It's just amazing to watch them grow so quickly.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Congratulations on your new baby! Which one did you get (I can't see the pics at work ARGH!!!) ... any faces in yours? Mine has a broken stripe or 2 but so far not much is materializing with regards to faces and pictures.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
Dave, I don't know how you do it. I'd miss them all too much.
I didn't have time to clean their cages until 10pm last night. I spent the next hour talking to every one of them individually. Some seemed very interested and others just wanted to sleep on my warm hand or arm. I had a tough time getting a couple of them off, they'd just jump back onto me!

lotsareps

5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
Congratulations on your new baby! Which one did you get (I can't see the pics at work ARGH!!!) ... any faces in yours? Mine has a broken stripe or 2 but so far not much is materializing with regards to faces and pictures.

actually it has a raised fist on the back of its neck

he didn't just hide in the shirt either, he did a bajillion laps around the tank

Oddball

5 Year Member
Not only did he do a bajillion laps around the tank, he was on top of my shirt doin this weird "im the ruler of this tank" and then dug a little...

A NAME HAS BEEN DECIDED!!!!
I have dubbed him/her (with a little help fro my friends) COMRADE

I'm excited because I'm going to give him a little ground turkey tomorrow, and if he eats it I'm going to give him more and watch him devour it hopefully

I'm going to ask to borrow a camera from someone i know so i can take pictures and make an album

ashesc212

5 Year Member
lotsareps said:
ashesc212 said:

actually it has a raised fist on the back of its neck

he didn't just hide in the shirt either, he did a bajillion laps around the tank

HAHA yeah! I see it now in the avatar. Hmm I wonder if the broken stripes on my will form anything?

Oddball

5 Year Member
I'm bettin ur little one will get some unique markings soon. dave said most of the hatchlings in the clutch had some sort of unique markings

lotsareps

5 Year Member
hahaha comrade is the jumpiest thing i've ever seen!
either today or over the weekend i'm going to edit his tank so he can't really be seen (think jurassic park forest) so he can calm down a bit.
he doesn't really observe in curiosity but rather looking more like "oh geeze please don't eat me" which is understandable

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lotsareps said:
hahaha comrade is the jumpiest thing i've ever seen!
either today or over the weekend i'm going to edit his tank so he can't really be seen (think jurassic park forest) so he can calm down a bit.
he doesn't really observe in curiosity but rather looking more like "oh geeze please don't eat me" which is understandable
He'll calm down with a little time. He's been through alot this week.

Oddball

5 Year Member
Very true
but earlier today, when i put his thing of turkey in his tank, he was pacing and rubbing the glass, but when he got clost to my hand, he kinda froze, but then started lick/smelling it, so i layed it flat and he walked on it, investigated, smelled it, got up to my wrist, and then booked it to the shirt hide, but he got on my hand willingly! *happy dance* ^_^
i couldnt get to my phone/camera in time tho *tear*

Oddball

5 Year Member
Tomorrow I should be able to take pics, and this weekend should be a photo shoot of Comrade...unless my camera bails on me, because my 1.3 megapixel camera phone does not do him justice

i may give him a nice bath tomorrow so i may get some good shots there as well

dave, thanks again

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oddball said:
Tomorrow I should be able to take pics, and this weekend should be a photo shoot of Comrade...unless my camera bails on me, because my 1.3 megapixel camera phone does not do him justice

i may give him a nice bath tomorrow so i may get some good shots there as well

dave, thanks again
We'll be waaaaaiting!! :mrgreen:

He'll only get better looking as he gets older.

Oddball

5 Year Member
True
i went to let him sniff my hand today and he was fine, when i pet him he was fine, when i even put my hand under him and loosly elevated him a tiny bit he was fine...as soon as it went higher than a few inches he jumped and ran to his hide, lol
im going to give him a lot longer to get used to me and being held
hes not ready for a bath for quite some time

p.s. i get the camera this weekend!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029