• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Average price for blue tegu?

Dirkthejerk41

Hi all, I think I have decided I will get a blue tegu (when the time comes) but was just curious what a good price for one is? A local pet store had a sub-adult with a bad tail regen for $600, and I thought that was way overpriced. Side note, the care of the animals at the store was appalling...... but anyways, what is an average price for a blue tegu, and also are there any breeders on this site? I will be in contact with one of ya'll within the next year or so.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Average for a hatchling is around 350 and they go up from there depending on size, sex and the person selling it. But the cheapest I've seen was 250. I think pretty much the only blue breeder on here now that's some what active is Wil but not sure if he'll have any available this year..

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It seems the going rate for hatchlings this year is looking to be around $400. A subadult at about $600 in a pet store is about right, even with a regen tail.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Haha if the going rate for hatchlings is 400 you can count me out of buying any. Not saying it won't happen, just saying I think it's a lame price raise. Baby blues have gone for 300 + shipping(350 total) for quite a while now and I think that is the fair price for them. Will it stay there? Not sure.

treysik

Hey, at least you can get them at that price. If I want an Argentine, which is impossible to find in Canada, I have to order from the US. Tegu Terra is cheapest to ship here @ $700 including all fees and taxes. So I would be looking at about $1100 for one. Now, the shipping is the same cost if I buy 1 or 10. I'm hoping to find others in my area interested so we can split shipping.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ty sold his for $300 last yr and may continue to do so. Johnny has his listed for $400. I think Underground was up around $400 as well, but I can't remember the exact price. As more come on the market, the price will drop. Subadults are still priced higher as the adult coloration comes into to play. I don't know, I don't sell them and don't set the prices, lol.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You can get them for a good price from time to time, got Bosco for $175 years back. Now $300 to $400 is not a bad price for a hatchling and sub adults $500 up and adults $700 up.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Yeah. 400 just seems high. I don't know. I got my gorgeous guy for 300 less than a year ago. That being said, if I were forced to sell him(never would) I think his worth would be quite high due to his coloration. It's a seller friendly market haha.

KABIKANO

They will sell for what people pay and that's what they'll be worth. These breeders out here better get what they can now kuz when mine are of age, won't be nearly as expensive. I would do it as a hobby and not as a business.

Penny&Dollar

Underground told me there going rate was 500.00 I just bought 2 and still waiting for my other female. The guy spoke to TIM told me thats the going price cause theres a high demand for them and not a lot of blues produced this year.

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
They are making that much on them because they bred theirs early and have the first babies on the market. Once Ty and Johnny from TeguTerra's hatch, they wont be able to get that amount as easily because others will have them cheaper.

Tannaros

They are making that much on them because they bred theirs early and have the first babies on the market. Once Ty and Johnny from TeguTerra's hatch, they wont be able to get that amount as easily because others will have them cheaper.

Not really. As far as I know Underground is selling their babies as 50% het for Albino - which, in market terms, means they'll sell for that the entire season. Though I'm unsure of whether or not their subsequent clutches will follow suit in terms of genetics.

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
Okay if they are 50% het that is the reason for the high price. Not that there was not a lot produced and thats the going price. That may the going price that they put on their hets but thats not the going price for a regular blue hatchling which is what my answer was based on because he did not specify that he was talking about hets.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Ty is sold out for year from what I've heard. We'll see what Johnny produces but it's quite possible UG will be the only one with available babies for a while.

Tannaros

Okay if they are 50% het that is the reason for the high price. Not that there was not a lot produced and thats the going price. That may the going price that they put on their hets but thats not the going price for a regular blue hatchling which is what my answer was based on because he did not specify that he was talking about hets.

Oh no that's what I meant. I was just clarifying that while UG tends to fancy being a bit too market savvy imo, the blues they actually have at the moment are het for albino.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980