• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Asgard the Derp

tresh

My husband named this big behemoth of a tegu. My husband has a little crush on Midgard, who belongs to another person on these forums.

Asgard is sort of an accident. I intended to go get rats and bedding...I came home with a tegu. He's a big giant derp though...he literally just wanders around, runs into things, tries to fit into tiny places, and falls asleep pretty much everywhere. And he seems to think he's a carpet shark. I know, it's something boy tegus do when there's a female around, they rub their butts all over the carpet (thank the gods tegu musk is not like cat musk!).

Mostly, he just derps. He falls into the water dish. He flops over and lays on his back in my lap. He drags cardboard boxes around for no apparent reason. Somehow, I ended up with the tegu that just doesn't care about anything, he just lays there and lets people do whatever they want. OTher adult tegu wants to sit on him? Whatever. Cat wants to try and eat his tail? Moves it out of the way and lets the cat lay beside him. People want to pet him? Closes his eyes and just lays there.

He's decided he doesn't want to hibernate, so at the moment he's derping around my living room. I can always hear where he is at, because instead of walking, he goes swish-swish-swish with his tail.

Some good pictures of him, when he was in his favorite chair this evening.

[attachment=5869]
[attachment=5870]
[attachment=5871]
[attachment=5872]

Attachments

• 2012-11-30 00.52.40.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 2012-11-30 00.52.52.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 2012-11-30 00.52.59.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 2012-11-30 00.53.13.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 10

tresh

He is definitely a big loveable tegu. I've fallen asleep with him several times now, he just likes to get up under the blankets and get his head right against my neck.

tresh

He does have awesome jowls. When he yawns, it's awesome, because they're huge and so funny.

For some reason, Asgard is comfortable laying on his back for short periods of time. he doesn't stay like that, or fall asleep like that, but more than once, he'll sprawl out beside me on his back.

tresh

He likes everyone. I'm looking forward to spring/summer, when I can take him outside again and let the neighborhood children see him. He just kinda looks at them, then flattens himself in teh sunlight, lol

TheTeguGurl

Ahhhhh Derp is the cutest! Midgard is the same way thou too. lazy and just lays around. flops on my lap or bed.. Anywhere he wants too. he rules the roost here

Teg

Lol ! You should see his new coat after this shed ! Very sexy ! lol I'll try and post some pics ...

WoahNelly

<3 such a cutie! Can't believe the bit about him flopping on his back! You'll have to try to get pics or a video to us!! :)

tresh

He's being a cranky-derp right now, going through a rough shed. It's amazing how trusting he is, but even he gets a bit cranky when I'm trying to peel skin off his belly, lol.

tresh

I think the bonding of my husband and the lizard is going very well. :p Anyone else ever noticed how male tegus seems so much more calm than females?

Anyways. Asgard (Derp) likes to sleep on his humans at night. So, last night my husband slept on the couch with his new best buddy curled up on him.

[attachment=6016]

Attachments

• 2012-12-23 07.22.29.jpg
    2012-12-23 07.22.29.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 22

tresh

Derp on his heating pad (his most favorite thing in the entire world, second only to laying on his humans)

[attachment=6218]
[attachment=6219]

Attachments

• 2013-01-24 22.50.10.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 2013-01-24 22.50.19.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 7

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I can't wait until niles gets big like that :) he has been hibernating, so I'll have to wait... sooooo cute. You are lucky parents! <3

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

tresh

Yeah, we have two of them, and for some reason, he doesn't want the larger one! He wants the tiny one, and he's so ornery, he's pulled it out from under my small tegu so he could have it, lol. Funniest thing ever, watching a tegu haul something off, like a dog with a prized bone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.