• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

arg blk&wht tegus belly turning orange?

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
well i checked in on my tegu today and once again is shedding like crazy, i have had him/her now for around 2 1/2 months and on its 3rd shed, growing like some kinda lab experiment and eats and eats and eats and eats and eats and eats,,you know what i mean..

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here are some pictures...now if I can figure out how to get them posted, LOL!

This is Kreacher, my prize tegu (literally), from Varnyard in 2007.

orangebelly.jpg

Koutside.jpg

Kkitchen.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oh she is sexy!! :)

She has moma's front legs and belly, but looks more like dad on the top. You have done well with her Laura, she looks great.

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
well my tegu just shed and almost all the orange color is gone, kinda a creamy white now i guess but still looks cool

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Does she have a lot of greenish/yellowish tinge to her white? Kreacher still seems to have a yellowish glow.

jor71

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
Here is the sister to Laura's tegu:

DSCN4309.jpg

DSCN4235.jpg

Bobby, it is amazing you remember the sister.

Do you know off hand the parents of my Tegu? I've always been meaning to ask you.

Luvmytegu

5 Year Member
mr.tegu said:
just when i thought i had it all figured out another twist! well my argentine black and tegu i purchused late october was about 10-11 inches is growing like crazy, he/she is almost 2 feet already. after handling the tegu today noticed the whole underside of the tegu is turing orange/red, does not look like any fugas,or substrate coloring, has anyone seen this with thier tegus? do you think it could be a red blk/wht mix? all comments welcome!!!
Mr Tegu.....Check this out...This is my baby's tummy. He has had this color tummy since we got him last Sept. It has turned to this darker color over time. Is he a pure breed b&w? or could he be a mix?
IMG_2442.jpg

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Does anyones tegu turn THIS orange or yellow during hibernation?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.agamainternational.com/images/tegu/Arg%20BW%20tegu%20with%20odd%20yellow%20color,%20which%20they%20have%20in%20the%20winterhalfyear%20always..JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.agamainternational.com/image ... lways..JPG</a><!-- m -->

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980