• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

arg blk&wht tegus belly turning orange?

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
just when i thought i had it all figured out another twist! well my argentine black and tegu i purchused late october was about 10-11 inches is growing like crazy, he/she is almost 2 feet already. after handling the tegu today noticed the whole underside of the tegu is turing orange/red, does not look like any fugas,or substrate coloring, has anyone seen this with thier tegus? do you think it could be a red blk/wht mix? all comments welcome!!!

jntann

5 Year Member
HI, the orange color is it like this, just a fant orange color. mine has always been like that
100_2432.jpg

jntann

5 Year Member
hope you can see it in that picture it is the only one i have right now and i can't take another one right now because she is hibernating... sorry............

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
yup looks just like that, but its a brighter orange and goes from the neck down to the end of the tail and comes up to the elbows of the body, your teg looks huge to awsome pic..so this color has nothing to do with being mixed with a red tegu?

jntann

5 Year Member
I don't think so. some times it looks brighter than other times. but i am not an expert on breeding maybe someone could show a picture of a reds belly... and you show a picture of yours

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It is 100% normal for them to have orange bellys, I have many that are 100% pure black n whites that have this.

hoosier

5 Year Member
mine has quite a bright belly to him. its completely normal :) ill check to see if i have a pic for you and post it here soon

hoosier

5 Year Member
well looks like bobby got to it before i did. :lol:

is it me bobby or does the darker tegus seem to have the more orangish bellys?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hoosier said:
well looks like bobby got to it before i did. :lol:

is it me bobby or does the darker tegus seem to have the more orangish bellys?

I agree, it seems that way.

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
thanks for the fast responses,you guys are a great help, great pics bobby another awsome looking tegu!!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
mr.tegu said:
thanks for the fast responses,you guys are a great help, great pics bobby another awsome looking tegu!!

Thanks, we are more than happy to try to answer your questions. As for the tegu, she is one I have had a long time, her name is Dark Lady.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was wondering if that was Dark Lady. I'm going to post a picture of Kreacher, one of Dark Lady's kiddos (Dk Lady/Zeus). She's not quite as dark, but she has a gorgeous flaming orange belly! My poor hubby will see her and ask, "now, is that the red one you bought?" LOL, no dear, that's a B/W.

My other B/W has more white and a much lighter orange belly, for the record.

Schnab

5 Year Member
My tegu has an orange belly ever since he went into hibernation also. I read somewhere that it's a normal colour change when going into hibernation. I just hope that when spring arrives, he'll regain his white back lol.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Laura, I would love to see a picture of her youngen, that would be awesome. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980