• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Anyone else tegu shipping today?

spark678

me too he must have been born not too long ago hes tiny! pics are up in my new thread!

092811122402.jpg

Jensen

[attachment=3326]This is my little guy, he's about 9inches long and also has this glow of crucial green you can only see from certain angles. The girl and I have named him Littlefoot (ha yes, off land before time) but call him Foot for short:) He runs under his man cave (made out of large flat rocks) but comes back out within a few minutes; a little skiddish at times but calms down quickly. I handle him right now only to feed him. Warm and let him soak in warm water for about 10 mind. His in closure is a 40 gal breeder, and sup strafe consist of 1&1/2 bags of topsoil and 25lb bag of play sand: measures about inches in depth. One thing I have noticed is he doesn't seem to burrow as opposed to a Black Columbian I had who couldn't keep his head out of the dirt. I'm wondering if this is because I switche[attachment=3326]d from Eco-Earth to this new substrate which I thought would be "better", maybe some of you who are more experienced might have knowledge on the positives and negatives of different substrates.[attachment=3326]

Ha just realized I attached that picture 3times, kinda hard to do.this on your phone

Attachments

• 2011-09-29 11.29.41.jpg
    2011-09-29 11.29.41.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2

spark678

Glad you got yours jensen! Mines skittish too! ive been puting my hand in the enclose everyday and just yesterday I got him to walk half way on my arm. I have not attempted to hold him yet because he is pretty skittish right now if I try and pet him. Does yours puff up and stand up on all four legs? mine hasnt tried to bite me like the first day I got him. My friend put his hand next to his mouth was tounging his fingers then he gently bit his finger slowly. It was cute! Goodluck your new little guy mine is still nameless. I was thinking of Thor but someone else has it on here lol.

Jensen

Haha Okay, you got me i spelled skittish wrong, ill know better next time.Sounds like that little stud is a Bada**! Littlefoot, BA? Never ha, He just runs like he's on an episode of Cops! Trust me this is better than the show. The first day I fed him eggs I made the mistake of touching them when I was putting on the calcium, apparently my finger was pretty tasty. No he didn't chomp down, more inspecting the situation; ever see a kid trying to eat a giant jaw breaker? Thor is pretty bold, Toughy McTougherson even more so. Either way, I'm not the best at this naming thing, the last tegu I had I named Tegu(which I thought was relitively clever because most people around here have never even heard of such a thing) I will definitely be thinking about a good one for you though, unless of course you prefer tough McTougherson!:)

spark678

Lol i didnt even realize the spelling. I was going for thor but he doesnt look like one but Im pretty sure im going with Loki, Thors evil brother. I made good progress today I slowly put my hand next to him when he was basking and tried to creep it under his head and he fell asleep on my finger for a little bit. Next I was petting him at the base of his tail slowly and trying to work my way up. He was huffing a little but seems to be calming down and getting used to me. Then I put my arm and a hand next to him and he climbed up on one to get away and I lifted it and he was walking on my hands (keeping him close to the ground) it was incredible. Then I gently touched his back and he jolted away to his hide lol. Couple mins later now hes out again roaming his enclosure.

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
im still waiting to hear from bobby about my AA tegu i cant wait for my new bud i asked for a female cause i have always had girl reptiles and didnt want to change it up

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980