• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

anyone else baby come home then burrow / slepp?

new2tegus

Good contribution prissy lol, yeah mine did that too. I held him for a bit, he had some food basked and then burrowed lol.

Krissy

I have to share with ya'll how cute neeko's and mine are!
I heard a thump and looked over and saw a little nose moving back and forth on the glass from under the dirt! Cute little thing :)

Piercedcub32

Mine's sleeping too, has been in his hide for a couple hours. ripped apart a pinky, guts everywhere lol. My colombian never tares them, just swallows them whole ;o) New experiences...

fisheric

Neeko said:
I guess mine are just "underground" foods out but not interested .

When i picked up the crickets and mice today the guy gave me a free bag of super worms. I put some in a bowl and he wouldnt touch it. After a few hours I dropped a couple crickets in.

He went berzerk on them. I didnt get an exact count but it was at least 15. Now he digesting. I have before and after pics and you can see his belly is big now.

Matt0925

Mine is hiding too. I put him in his cage, he hid for a while then started exploring. After about 20 mins he went into a burrow and I havent seen him since. I put some turkey in the cage but it hasnt lured him out. You arnt alone! lol

Neeko

Matt0925 said:
Mine is hiding too. I put him in his cage, he hid for a while then started exploring. After about 20 mins he went into a burrow and I havent seen him since. I put some turkey in the cage but it hasnt lured him out. You arnt alone! lol

Glad to know! Hope tomorrow they come out.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's totally normal for them to be doing this. They're in a new environment with new smells, sounds, etc. If you guys haven't checked out this page please do so, its got a ton of helpful info.
http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=8526#axzz1SUYGbUPK

Congrats to everyone with new babies!

Dereks-Dragons

Line explored then went in his humidity hide after eating some eggs. You tried superworms? I have a bunch of them I have 1000 superworms on repeat order once a month but I figured they were too big for my new baby? I know my red can take down over 100 AND 2 scrambled eggs lol.

herpgirl2510

I know it is hard not to worry but my extreme took like two weeks before he at anything substantial. Think about starting a dubia roach colony. It is really easy and tegus love them.

Krissy

Neeko and I have two colonies of dubia roaches going strong already, but we're saving that until we can take them out and into a separate container to eat. They did come out today to eat and are currently basking :)

kellen.watkins

Mine was all finicky after she got warmed up all day, I come home from work this morning no fuss let's me pick her up into her feeding bin and she got more turkey on the wall of the bin then in her mouth lol now she is exploring the reptile room, she must not be too afraid of me considering she climbed up my shirt while I was on tegutalk paying no attention to her lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980