• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

All American?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I say she is a b/w i dont see any giant or blue traits, my b/w went through a phase were she was brown just like yours

Vyraal

I'm fine with the high price somply because I'd rather see, hold, and bond with my tegu before just buying one online and hoping, but eh, it was also for my birthday. And the shop, I haven't been back but I swear I could remember the owner said she got him from varnyard stock, but I can't verify until tomorrow, their closed today.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Even if it came from Varnyard, that still doesn't mean that it's an AA even if you paid the AA price. He breeds more than just AA's, from Black Noses to High White normal B&Ws.

Do you have more pics to compare? From that pic I just don't see it.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
$350 is high for a regular black and white but we have a local shop that sells their b/w's for $350. Some people are willing to pay more because they are not as common and they either don't know about shipping or aren't comfortable with it.

Vyraal

I can get some new pics later today after he's done with his noon nap, he gets pissy when I wake him up before it, but yeah, even if he's not an AA I'm still not unhappy with the price, the argentine red he was next to was $379 and I really like the store and owner, plus they give us free stuff a lot. XD Edit: I was going to originally get a b&w from varnyard but decided against getting a shipped lizard who might not bond with me.

Sirhc401

From what I heard barnyard tegus are really good taming wise. Plus when you get a hatchling and do everything you can to tame it. Then you should have no problems with your tegu. Eventually it will warm up to you. And in addition, I think it probably is a black and white. Because if they got it from varnyard then they got it cheap. Then turned around and sold it for $200 more. That's a good store profit. If it was an AA it would make no sense for a store to sell it fir $350 since that is what they are worth. Unless it is not varnyard stock and the owner does not really know what kind it is. There are many variables involved

*varnyard. Darn spell check

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
boyd1955 said:
What the hell is an all american tegu ... They are all south american

hey dont be starting stuff here keep your comments on youtube and btw idk if you knew this but south america is still america so for it to be called an all american means that it came from south but it was bred in north therefore it shall be called an ALL american.... idk im just ranting here lol

Vyraal

Sirhc401 said:
From what I heard barnyard tegus are really good taming wise. Plus when you get a hatchling and do everything you can to tame it. Then you should have no problems with your tegu. Eventually it will warm up to you. And in addition, I think it probably is a black and white. Because if they got it from varnyard then they got it cheap. Then turned around and sold it for $200 more. That's a good store profit. If it was an AA it would make no sense for a store to sell it fir $350 since that is what they are worth. Unless it is not varnyard stock and the owner does not really know what kind it is. There are many variables involved

*varnyard. Darn spell check

She bought Gamzee thinking he was a b&w but a thought he MIGHT possibly be an AA, she honestly has as much of an idea as I do, but I'm happy she did buy him, he's wonderfully tame already and I've only had him about a month and a quarter, and when I got him he was a little terror due to rare handling.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980