• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

All American?

Vyraal

Yo, new to tegutalk and tegus in general, but i got a baby a couple months ago and am pretty sure hes an all american, care to verify for me guys?

Attachments

• !!!!SUMSPICS 169.jpg
    !!!!SUMSPICS 169.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 22

Vyraal

I bought him from a local reptile store and i dont quite remember but i think the owner said he was from Varnyard stock.

Vyraal

Bubblz Calhoun said:
Just from that pic,.. I don't see anything All American about it

Really? He was labeled a black and white, and hes quite obviously red down his back, but hes definitely not a red.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
In my opinion unless you hear from the breeder that it is an All American, it isn't. The fact that the shop had it labeled as a B&W means it is probably just a B&W. They could charge more than double for an AA, and I think if they got it from Varnyard they would know if it was an AA or not.

Vyraal

james.w said:
In my opinion unless you hear from the breeder that it is an All American, it isn't. The fact that the shop had it labeled as a B&W means it is probably just a B&W. They could charge more than double for an AA, and I think if they got it from Varnyard they would know if it was an AA or not.

Makes sense, but is it common for a b&w hatchling to turn red like that?

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If it was labeled a B&W and the owner got it from Varnyard then it's a black and white. Unless you have better pics that show straits from all three tegus,.. I'm sticking with black and white.

Knowing what they have,.. no one would sell a hybrid as a normal. If the owner of the store got it from Bobby then get the owners name and contact Bobby with pics of the tegu and he'll be able to tell you for sure. But I just don't see it,.. it could just be a darker phased black and white or one that hasn't lightened up yet.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I see more brown than red. It is possible it is a hybrid of some sort, but unless you can find out who produced it you will never know for sure.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Interesting shades on that tegu. It could be a hybrid, you probably won't know until it gets a bit older. It could just be a neat looking b/w. Hows has it been while it adjusts to its new surroundings?

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Where are you located and where did you get it from? I feel like I've seen that pic before but can't find it now. It also reminds me of the tegus that Snakes at Sunset were selling as wild caught B&W x Golden Hybrids.

kellen.watkins

Hmmm, I dunno I kinda see some extreme in there it could be there are videos of an all american from DMBZEAU or something along those lines that looks really similar. Either way its a gorgeous tegu how much did you pay for him/her

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Seriously,.. Rules people, abide and take it some where else but keep the thread on track. If you have a problem with a member or post report it for review so it and or they can be removed. It's pretty simple.

*No fighting or Name Calling
You are welcome to disagree with a member, but calling them names or flaming their character is not allowed. If you have a personal issue to discuss with a member, please take it private and discuss via Private Message.

*No racial, religious, or sexually inflammatory language. Racism and prejudice of any kind will not be tolerated. Please treat other members with respect. No discriminating or harassing someone based on a disability

Read more: http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=7338#ixzz1bYSJlr3Q

Vyraal

Hi guys, sorry about the late reply, I got signed out and forgot my password, but to answer you all, I've never posted the picture before so I don't think you've seen it, I live in southern california, I got him from a local reptile store, not a big chain, he's adjusted extremely well, very calm, but still a bit tempermental when you bother him, and I paid approx $350 for him, but its a pretty good deal as he's obviously not a full, normal b&w.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Have you tried asking the shop where they got him from? I sure hope it isn't a normal B&W, because $350 is really high if it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029