• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Aggression in savannah monitor

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
james.w said:
Mine is getting somewhat "social", when I come in the room with a bag, he will watch me fill it with roaches and then sit my the door until I open it and feed them to him. I can get him to climb onto my arm by leading him with a roach on the tongs. It's pretty cool to see his progression.

That's what i'm shooting for, so far so if i get spotted he either hides or just sits really really still. A bit off topic but do you have any pics of your sav James? I enjoy seeing your monitors and your cage's look good!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't have any Sav pics, not sure why though. I will have to get some.

jdpFL

Awesome james! We were laughing at mine, he will sit in my hand and eat out of his dish.. Lol. I don't expect that to last, once he's older...but it's fun now! He puffs and hisses at my husband, he's more used to me. And our tegu is the opposite, he opens his mouth at me....more used to my husband, haha!

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Things are not getting better, before today when I was around for too long, my sav would just go and hide. Today I went inside the cage to turn his light off, and he didn't run at all, I thought he was just use to me, turns out the little guy got some heart. He was standing his ground, puffing and hissing bite me and contiued to bask. I had to wait until he went to the other end to turn the lights off. He's small so the bites do not hurt, but ever since one of my curly tails bit me and I pulled back to fast and injured its mouth,I am very cautious of being bitten for the safety of the reptile. And working with my burm,boa and carpet my reflexes are in full gear lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980