• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

"A Life of Pain, for Someone's Gain"

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
And it's not just reptiles... This is extremely common with fish. I don't know how many people here keep fish, but I can't tell you how many times i've seen conjoined twin fish like arowana and people grow them to adulthood only to have them sufffer. Or blood parrots a deformed fish that people constantly keep. It also goes into goldfish and other fish like GLOWLIGHT tetras that have been bread to glow and usually don't live very long. I think it's natural as humans to want something different, but when that happens we often start to see what's best for us as opposed to what is best for the animal.

Jer723

5 Year Member
i just came upon this post and i totally agree bobby anybody who would sell these animals for the quick buck, are just scumbags, i could see you and dave and many other people. it is your life, and you dont do it just for the money, you do it for the experience and that is what makes you a stand up individual, i know you love tegus, and thats why you breed them, so others can enjoy these awesome animals, and not just for a quick buck. i feel sorry form anybody who would do that, its just downright sleazy! cheers to all the animal lovers out there, and something not so nice to all those jerks who breed deformed and handicap just for raised prices! just my 2 cents awesome post bobby. your a great guy.

Jerry

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
I agree. I think there is a difference in deformed animals and SOME of the reptiles selectively bred for colors.We dont need any more laws that govern the keeping and breeding of reptiles. The key is educating people and responsible ownership.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
I know this one is pretty old now, but just curious Bobby, what ever happened to that poor tegu with MBD? That's so sad :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602