• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

3 months old today

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
3 months old today and 22" long. they grow up so fast

Attachments

• photo 4 (6).jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 2
  • photo 4 (12).jpg
  • photo (10).jpg

Meg90

5 Year Member
Awww congrats!

I've got Bumblebee's sister! Cleo is three months today as well!

She's out of Whitey and Jam hatched June 29, just like yours! Sweet!

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
Congrats to You an Cleo. I think it's very cool being able to see the siblings as they grow. I will look for pics of Cleo

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Nice! Great to see another of Jango's siblings. Looks like Whitey and Jam make beastly babies.
Here's Jango: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5051" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5051</a><!-- l -->
30" today.. :shock:

It will be interesting to see how they all turn out a year or two from now.

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
Jango is 30"!!! WOW! When did you get him? It does seem that all of Whitey/Jam babies are going to be big

Quijibo

5 Year Member
I got Jango on July 29th. Eating machine indeed, 1 adult mouse and 3+ dozen gutloaded superworms today.
Baby pic:
Jango001.jpg

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
Quijibo, you had a month and a half on me feeding the beast. He generally will eat about a golf ball size of turkey, 2 chicken hearts, fuzzy mouse, and some cherries, blueberries at once. The mouse he gets once or twice a week. And when he doesn't get the mouse he gets more turkey

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
I must be crazy, I measured him several times yesterday because it's not the easiest task and he was 22". Today I have measured several times again and he is 23 and 3/4 inches. That's insane!

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Jango's biggest growth sput so far was just recently, 4" in 10 days. :shock:
I guess I'd better lay off the HGH. :lol:

How docile is BumbleBee? Jango has been a kitten ever since day one. His favorite passtime is sitting on my lap or in a warm bath (not on my lap in a warm bath, that would be creepy) while I remove leftover shed pieces. He'll actually lift his forelegs, or rub his head against your hand like a cat to get the stuff off. Today, he was a little more clingy than normal. After feeding him, he was following my hands around his bin as I was cleaning it out. I thought he was getting frisky and was thinking about taking a nip at me. I started rubbing his neck and noticed a little piece of shed sticking out. Everytime I bumped it, he would flick it with his hind foot, so I pulled it and it came off in one big piece. It's almost as if he's gotten so use to me helping him with his sheds, he expects me to do it all the time now. Spoiled already.

Fork

5 Year Member
TanMan57 said:
Hey i got a jam whitey clutch member today his names zero. I just measured him and hes 22"
I have a Jam/Whitey clutch member, i got him a couple weeks ago.

His name is Zero as well :butt

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
Quijibo, he is very tame outside of his enclosure. His enclosure is outside on the patio so I think that makes him a bit more nervous. I named him Bumblebee after one of the opening scenes in Transformers: Rise of the fallen when Bumblebee comes exploding out of the garage guns blazing. A few times when I was messing around in his enclosure while he was in one of hides he exploded out of them with guns blazin and then he backed up, hopefully knowing I wasn't a threat. It's was pretty funny. I hope long term he will calm down even further from being ouside and not being threatened by anything. Ultimately I will build a big possibly 8x8 enclosure in the yard. That's very cool about you helping him shed. He shed last week. I wish I saw it cause except for his tail he shed in a one piece tube including his legs. He shed his tail the next day.

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
I could just imagine how tame he would be if I got him at 4 weeks old. I keep laughing about the warm bath comment. I'm always laughing at myself because my wife could be in bed and I'm sitting in the bathtub petting my lizard. Lol!

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
Made excellent progress today. Bee is starting to come to me when I tap on the front of his enclosure. When he was in the tub I would tap on the tub and call him and 3 or 4 times he turned around and came to me and crawled up my arm. Then he just fell asleep for about an hour before I went to put him back in his house. When I put him in he walked behind his hide and I tapped on the front and he came back to me. I think it's going awesome for 2 weeks

Meg90

5 Year Member
Cleo is getting used to me too! It was one week today that I've had her, and already, I can reach in the cage, and pet her with no mishap. I gently pet her back, and then pick her up. She doesn't run from me or anything.

Bobby has some awesome animals. I too can't wait for the two week mark! I also ordered a harness online. Hopefully she'll fit into it soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029