• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

2012 hatchlings

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Has anyone gotten their 2012 Extreme Giants yet? I was notified of the hatching a few weeks ago and sent my second half of my payment, but no word from Bobby. Anyone else heard anything?

tommylee22

I sent my second half on the payment Thursday last week, no word yet as to when they will ship. I can't wait till he gets here thou.

apocalypse910

He said about three weeks (weather permitting) and I got the email on 6/13. My guess would be they'll start arriving sometime late next week.

HeatherN

yes apocalypse, he said he definitely will not ship before the 3 week mark, and if i understand the process correctly, he will email/call before he sends them out (of course!) and thats the time id take to ask any questions. dubya, i believe your new extreme is in the same clutch as mine, so if i somehow get info before you, ill try to remember to post. :)

Miles Dad

With the 4th of July being right in the middle of the work week, it will mess up shipping and we may have to wait another week.. :(
Since I have my son this year on the 4th, I had hoped it would come on the 3rd so he could see it.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Thank you, Heather. I just get nervous about sending a lot of money and not hearing from the vendor. At my website, my wife and I stay in touch with customers on the waiting list as well as new customers. Sorry, Heather, I thought that last post was for me.

apocalypse910

This is worse than waiting for Christmas as a kid - On one hand I'm bouncing off the walls waiting for the phone call. On the other hand I just realized exactly how hard building the enclosure will be and I'm in an absolute panic trying to get everything done.

I actually dreamed that I spent days building an enclosure only to realize that the interior dimensions of the cage were only around a foot. The rest of the dream was just the tegu glaring at me from the cage in a disapproving manner. This is my first tegu and I think anticipation may actually be making me insane.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
When you get him home, put him in a bowl of warm water for 2hrs and he will grow to at least 8x his size. So I've heard.

HeatherN

I've had dreams about getting mine every night, most recent one he was 3 inches long rofl. but it took me a month longer to build my cage than i originally planned, but i had built this cage several years ago for a different animal, and it just happens to fit.

Miles Dad

Dubya said:
Has anyone gotten their 2012 Extreme Giants yet? I was notified of the hatching a few weeks ago and sent my second half of my payment, but no word from Bobby. Anyone else heard anything?

Nope.. Not a word yet.

Diablo

5 Year Member
At least you've heard about your tegu hatching...I'm still waiting for my normal b&w to hatch:(

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Bobby called. My extreme giant is shipping today. I'm sure others are being shipped too.

larissalurid

I'm sad, I reserved a reg months back and regret not getting an extreme...I'm trying to find one now before my other hatches. Doubt that'll happen though :[

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980