• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

2010 giants

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
just thought it'd be cool to share some updates on our 2010 giants, if you can include a pic, sex, hatch dates, parents and length so we can compare growth between siblings ect. Ill start:

storm-male
hatched: 7/6/2010
parents: blizardXsugar
length: 28.5
(hibernated from september-febuary)

2011-05-0920151858-1.jpg

downsized_X3.jpg

slideaboot

5 Year Member
I'll get on this when I get home from work tonight. Aesop's gettin' friggin' enormous and Francis is really filling out. Pics later...

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Awesome cant wait to see those pics, and to turtlepunk you wont be disappointed with a giant

slideaboot

5 Year Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksfYvQ8UN38

Here's a quick video of Aesop and Francis during their free-roam time today. Aesop is the first minute+ of the video, Francis is in the middle, and Aesop closes out our show (hardy-har!). That's a regulation size milk jug...hah. It's not exactly an exciting video, or well-shot, or incredibly indicative of their sizes (they move a LOT, especially Francis--she's training for Team Argentina for 2012).

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
slideaboot said:
http://www.youtube.com/watchv=ksfYvQ8UN38

Here's a quick video of Aesop and Francis during their free-roam time today. Aesop is the first minute+ of the video, Francis is in the middle, and Aesop closes out our show (hardy-har!). That's a regulation size milk jug...hah. It's not exactly an exciting video, or well-shot, or incredibly indicative of their sizes (they move a LOT, especially Francis--she's training for Team Argentina for 2012).

Got any pics lol, cant watch videos on my phone3 right now aargghh!!!!!

All_American

5 Year Member
[attachment=2502]
well, hope this works. been a long time since I have dropped by to see whats new. This is a sugarxblizzard baby, not sexed yet..

Attachments

• IMG_0029[1].JPG
    IMG_0029[1].JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

AdrianPaul

Here is my 2010 giant from Sarge x Cream.
Got him at the end of 12/2010, hibernated from the time I got him to mid February. Now 24 inches long.
Lives in an outdoor enclosure with my blue tongue skink. They get along well. Supposed to be a male.

Attachments

• tegu head.jpg
    tegu head.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 2
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 4
  • tegu throat.jpg
    tegu throat.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 5
  • tegu skink.jpg
    tegu skink.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 3

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Kingwolf26 said:
Hey slideaboot, aesop looks like a female. How long is aesop?

Aesop's just a few inches shy of 4 feet. I'm not sure on his/her sex anymore...if I think about it and get some time, I think I'll post some pics and see what you guys think. I'm really hoping male...

Tensleep

Appears to be female. I have a male giant just over 3 feet. The jowls are very pronounced on my male already and I would think your 4 foot tegu would have a similar appearance if not more so. Your tegu is beautiful. Is it one of Bobby's.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Tensleep said:
Appears to be female. I have a male giant just over 3 feet. The jowls are very pronounced on my male already and I would think your 4 foot tegu would have a similar appearance if not more so. Your tegu is beautiful. Is it one of Bobby's.

That's a rational hypothesis...

But, I'm not entirely sold yet. I know of plenty of fat kids without any features that indicate sexual maturity, ya know? Aesop grew up so fast that I'm not entirely sure that his (?) sexual maturity would have matched, development-wise.

Check this thread out...it's got some updated pictures of Aesop (headshots).

http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=8261#axzz1NBn7Mzcp

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
@slideboot can you post a full body shot of aesop? storm is a few inches shy of 3' he hasnt developed jowls yet and he and aesop are clutchmates but his buttons are very pronounced, do you feel anything down there?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029