• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

2008: Year of getting new reptiles?

angelrose

5 Year Member
:-D I have ball pythons and a b i g savannah monitor they are very docile and make great pets :-D
I really did get what I wanted this year Guin & Lance my argentine tegus :p
and as usual I want more ...
I am now looking for a burmese python and/or boa contrictor :fc

nat

5 Year Member
I don't have any plans to get any new reptiles due to circumstances but with that being said, a friend of mine is rather insistant that I accept one of his hypo boas once they are born this spring.... :dan He was going to send one of of last year's babies but had a malfunction with the wiring in his new racks and sadly many of his snakes were killed :(

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
nat said:
I don't have any plans to get any new reptiles due to circumstances but with that being said, a friend of mine is rather insistant that I accept one of his hypo boas once they are born this spring.... :
If you don't want the hypo boa you could sent it my way!

I had wanted to get a hypo boa, but I'd like to get a Suriname or similar BCC.

nat

5 Year Member
ha ha but then we would be in the same predicament that we were in earlier this year when you had the yellowfoot I wanted to take off your hands!

nat

5 Year Member
deal... but that still 1000's of miles between the two of us... how about we trade but since we can't actually trade, we just make a deal where you look after my yellow foot and I will look after your hypo?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
nat said:
deal... but that still 1000's of miles between the two of us... how about we trade but since we can't actually trade, we just make a deal where you look after my yellow foot and I will look after your hypo?
Sounds good!

So when is your husband going to build a nice big enclosure for him?? He's walking around the boys room, and the rest of the house when they forget to close the gate. He still needs a moist hide. I don't know, I never see him basking except when I put him there. Who's to say he'll ever use a moist hide??

You've got a much better chance of being bit by the Boa then I do by the Tortoise! I got bit by my Brazilian Rainbow Boa this past weekend feeding her. She's been a beetch lately. Boy was she stuffed, ate 4 mice and still looked like she wanted a piece of me when I was putting her home!!

I'd love to take a trip to the west coast but that's extremely unlikely. Whenever we take our cruise to Alaska (in 10-15 years after the kids have grown) maybe we'll stop by.

hoosier

5 Year Member
Well since im going to collage this fall i dont want anything my parents cant handle for the first year(im goin to get an apt after that and keep my boys/girls there) but i really want an extreme giant male or an argenting red male. i have a 65gal tank looking for a hatchling. lol :mrgreen:

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
"Yellow Ctenosaura pectinata, is a thought, I really like these guys. I am thinking about starting a colony of them in the next few years."

I'm with you Bobby, I just got a male and now I'm looking for a female. Unfortunately I have to play the waiting game for a while until new clutches come out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980