• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

2008: Year of getting new reptiles?

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
On youtube, there are thousands of new years resolution by reptile owners, and herpers about getting new reptiles, they say that they want something a bit more challange for 2008, and I also want to get a new reptile, or reptiles
My choices are as following:
3 crested geckos
3 leopard geckos
1 ball python, and a savannah monitor (yes, i'm very ready for this)

so while those are my choices, what's yours?

WhiskeyTango

5 Year Member
I plan on getting a trio of red eyed crocodile skinks..I love them!And I gonna get a blue tongue skink...and of course my pair of tegus.

And maybe a ackie or 2.

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
Hmm.. I'd probably agree with the thing about wanting more of a challenge. I want to get started with at least a couple really big herps this year.. So far i've only owned smaller reptiles, but i hang around the local pet shops enough that i've been able to interact with quite a few bigger ones. I love the big species most, and now i really feel like i've done enough obsessive research to get a couple of my favorites. I'd really like to get a Chacoan/Giant tegu this season, and i'd also like to get a normal Retic sometime this year. Both as babies, so that as they grow my experience handling and taking care of large reptiles will grow with them(plus, with having a 5+ ft lizard and a 17+ foot snake, i'd rather them be reallllllly used to me by the time they're that big.. lol).

AND... i'm also probably getting a free adult Leo Geck(with FREE setup!) this weekend unless the lady changes her mind about giving him away. Her kids don't "play with" him much anymore, so she wanted to give him to someone who'll take good care of him. So that's gonna be my first new herp for this year :D

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yellow Ctenosaura pectinata, is a thought, I really like these guys. I am thinking about starting a colony of them in the next few years.

AB^

5 Year Member
I already got what I wanted (podarcis sicula campestris)

Though, now I'm considering Lacerta bilineata as a new project.

Also need to find mates for a couple so I'll be keeping an eye out for

1.0 jeweled lacerta
1.0 Green phase african house snake

and uhh, anymore than that and the gf will decapitate me :roll:

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think my next big buy will be some Cyclura cornuta. I saw some really beautiful multi horned ones that were just stunning. I probably won't get into them though until a few years down the road. I have a Chocoan coming this summer and I plan on getting some more Crested Geckos. I am happy with everything I have at the moment!

dorton

5 Year Member
I am looking for a really nice Tiger morph Coastal Carpet python,
and a Nice Red phase Amazon Tree Boa, and a Nice Sunglow or albino Redtail Boa.

Swtbrat

5 Year Member
I made a resolution not to buy any reptiles in 2008 and on Jan,8th,I bought 3 new crested geckos.
In 2007 I bought 12 reptiles so I would like to stop it. :bisl

Brat!

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Re buy some ackies. I miss those little buggers.

Maybe get a few more beardie morphs, too. I'll probably also be getting frilled dragons and more snakes, fun stuff.

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
I plan on picking up a few cresteds, an exanthematicus, an African Green House Snake, another BP to keep mine company, and a true Blue American Staffordshire Terrier.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
glad to hear all the responses, my parents will never let me have snakes in the house, but whatever, i'm thinking about getting a ball python, or a savannah monitor, if not both

maddogg9019

5 Year Member
Yea I've also gotten bitten by the "bigger" bug (two years ago :roll: ) hopefully this year I can fulfill my resolutions. On the list I have a 1.1 pair of blue tegus, a trio of ackies, and a nice tropical vivarium with dart frogs, gold dust day geckos, some green anoles, a rough green snake, and maybe a red eye tree frog or two.

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
KoreanDeathKid said:
glad to hear all the responses, my parents will never let me have snakes in the house, but whatever, i'm thinking about getting a ball python, or a savannah monitor, if not both

Just hang in there! That's what my mom used to say(about snakes, lizards, AND arachnids...), but now i have a lovely little Corn, a Leo Geck, and 2 Tarantulas. And she's pretty much given me the okay on getting a big snake and a big lizard now.

And she comes into my room sometimes and baby talks to my snake now. It's funny.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It is not hard to be bit but the reptile bug, I was bit about 30 years ago, and it never healed. :roll: :)

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
I got bit as soon as I moved into my apt. I went on a reptile and arachnid benge. That was in august and now my small livingroom has a 8x3x3 tegu cage, a 4x1x2.5 aquarium, a 30 gal snake terarrium, and a 10gal with a scorpion in it. Also I am on the market for an adult boa right now, and allready almost have somone lined up in Florida for a beautiful 7' male. Then Ill have the 5x2.5x2 cage for him I think on top of the tegu cage, sounds like a plan :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980