• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

12 Foot Python Strangles Toddler

Two Bananas Marinade

5 Year Member
Why get a tegu? Why get a Pit bull? Why have a kid? Why get a chihuahua? Why drink alcohol? Why smoke cigs? Why shoot guns? Why go fishing? Why eat fast food? Why go to amusement park? Because we can. If the government or simply people that don't "understand" want to ban all that they dont "understand then we would all sit around doing nothing. Everything offends somebody somewhere. Stop wondering and meddling and just enjoy the things that life has to offer....like kids and fast food and booze. whew ok all done now

It is a sad story about the baby. The guy is a moron for allowing this to happen, others responsibly care for their reptiles. Lock the cage or wait till your kids grow up and move out.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Quoted from article

The Humane Society of the United States said including Wednesday's death, at least 12 people have been killed in the United States by pet pythons since 1980, including five children.

Should we outlaw the possession of all items that have caused 12 deaths in the last 29 years? That might put us back in the stone ageÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦ wait no! probably couldnÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢t have stones eitherÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦

I cannot support removing rights/freedoms of Americans as I do believe in the practical application of the Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?â??free countryÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã? conceptÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦

I can support some kind of regulation of the sales, purchases and breeding of such animals with strict enforcements upon those who do not obtain a proper license to own, sell or breed them.

I think it would be much more ideal if people were simply responsible enough to educate themselves on decisions before making them and telling themselves Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?â??noÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã? if they arenÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢t truly ready for itÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦ But since many (millions) of people are not that responsible I can support the idea of creating a structure to superimpose that responsibility on themÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦

...and I think this way about a lot more than just keeping large constrictors ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980