• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

'09 Extreme Giant one year update

DMBizeau

Seeing as its July I decided to post some pics of my Male Giant - Hannibal. He didn't hibernate so he is 36" now and looking great. He is a blizard x sugar baby so he is actually a half brother to my All American as well. Let me know what you think.

20d8b472.jpg

a98eb94a.jpg

Thorn snuck in at the end, they are inseperable. Check out the color and pattern difference.

eca30fac.jpg

02efad7c.jpg

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
they booth look good, looks like thorn loves his big brother lol! i would say thorn looks like he will take more after his mother than his father.

DMBizeau

reptastic said:
they booth look good, looks like thorn loves his big brother lol! i would say thorn looks like he will take more after his mother than his father.

He is really hard to describe, to me he is a perfect combination of all 3. He has so much blue and purple, I think he will have the red/giant size though.

Giants are just awesome though plain and simple. All the white and black mixed together is fun to look at lol.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DMBizeau said:
reptastic said:

He is really hard to describe, to me he is a perfect combination of all 3. He has so much blue and purple, I think he will have the red/giant size though.

Giants are just awesome though plain and simple. All the white and black mixed together is fun to look at lol.

he sure is, i cant wait to get my giant, i would love a blizzad x sugar hatchling but honestly ill take any one. i can definately see traits of all the parents but for some reson he just reminds me alot of violet(his mom)

DMBizeau

Definitely more like his mom then his dad obviously lol.

You will love your giant no matter what. I am getting sarge x cream and ice x hail hatchlings this year, hopefully both females.

DMBizeau

Peewee looks great, hope he turns out to be a male for you.

Crazy how much of a size difference there can be between siblings at the year point due to hibernation, environment etc.

G

Man, I am so jealous! Can't wait till I make a deposit on one of these guys with Mr. Bobby Hill. Next week is PAY DAY!

He said he'd give me a call and I sent him a couple e-mails. Haven't heard back yet. :(

Can't blame him. He's probably SWIMMING in hatchlings at this point! :-D

CAN NOT WAIT to finally talk with him!

DMBizeau

JonC said:
Man, I am so jealous! Can't wait till I make a deposit on one of these guys with Mr. Bobby Hill. Next week is PAY DAY!

He said he'd give me a call and I sent him a couple e-mails. Haven't heard back yet. :(

Can't blame him. He's probably SWIMMING in hatchlings at this point! :-D

CAN NOT WAIT to finally talk with him!

Bobby is SUPER busy right now, it takes awhile for him to respond to my emails around this time as well. You will be extremely happy with your new tegu though. Are you getting a giant?

G

DMBizeau said:
Bobby is SUPER busy right now, it takes awhile for him to respond to my emails around this time as well. You will be extremely happy with your new tegu though. Are you getting a giant?

Yeah. The wife and I were undecided on just a normal B&W or a giant. We finally made the decision to go with one of the giants. We're hoping for a male (I hear Bobby's actually pretty good at sexing the hatchlings). She loves how chubby they look with their big gut and jowls :) It's actually pretty endearing.

Hopefully he won't run out by next week before I make that deposit!

G

DMBizeau said:
Can't go wrong either way but you will love your giant.

txrepgirl said:
They all look great :) .

Yeah, if they're from Bobby - is what I hear.

Which I find really interesting.

My wife and I keep chameleons, mainly. (Though we have a couple beardies, crested geckos, and a few treefrogs. ) And whether it be Screameleons, FL Chams, the Chameleon Company, Pam's Chams, etc. You walk away with a great chameleon. All of them are very reputable breeders, have great customer service, and you'll never walk away from the deal with a less then stunning animal. Same thing with Beardies, geckos, frogs. There are a ton of reputable breeders that I've had wonderful experiences with.

However, when it comes to Argentine Tegus, when doing our research, Bobby is the only one that comes up that fit all our criteria for a breeder in terms of satisfied customers, the apparent caliber and character of the animal, and knowledge.

It's very rare that there is one go-to guy for a particular kind of animal (in the entire country) that this many people really get behind.

Which is why I can. not. wait. until we finally get that deposit down next week!

Mr Critter

5 Year Member
He looks small on the log,But the log is 3 ft long ,He's about 32" now.
DMBizeau said:
Peewee looks great, hope he turns out to be a male for you.

Crazy how much of a size difference there can be between siblings at the year point due to hibernation, environment etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980