• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

SHE'S FINALLY LAYING!!!!

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
finally!!! Now i got to roll my pennies, lol. I'm glad to hear she finally laid.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Found 7 more this morning!!! We're up to 21, short of the 29 she laid last year. She may have a few left in there, it's hard to tell. I turned her lights on to warm her up.

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Found 7 more this morning!!! We're up to 21, short of the 29 she laid last year. She may have a few left in there, it's hard to tell. I turned her lights on to warm her up.

great dave lol the wining and dining payed off . keep us posted

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This morning I found her laying outside the nest with a soft egg next to her. I took her out and searched the nest. Didn't find any more.

I just talked to my wife and she laid another one. This is very strange. We'll give her another day or 2 to finish laying, them we're going to have to get an x-ray taken to see if she has any more in her.

We're up to 23. We'll find out in a few days how many are fertile.

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
This morning I found her laying outside the nest with a soft egg next to her. I took her out and searched the nest. Didn't find any more.

I just talked to my wife and she laid another one. This is very strange. We'll give her another day or 2 to finish laying, them we're going to have to get an x-ray taken to see if she has nay more in her.

We're up to 23. We'll find out in a few days how many are fertile.

awesome Dave shes holding on to them eggs bro.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm sure we could check now!! But I'm reading 4 different forums. I'm in to rush. Checking won't change anything.

We're down to 21. One of the one's I figured was NG was turning brown.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I finally candled the eggs. Found one more slug (it looked like one).

BUT THE REST HAVE VEINS!!!!! 20 EGGS & 52 DAYS TO GO!!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here's a pic of the eggs. Most of the eggs in the left tub were put in there by our 12 year old son after being told numerous times not to bother the nest. He didn't wash them either. In the right column of the left tub, the middle egg has a slight leak. I'm going to try putting some New Skin on it to seal it. Any other ideas???

IMG_2711_.jpg

nivek5225

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Most of the eggs in the left tub were put in there by our 12 year old son after being told numerous times not to bother the nest.
I'm sure if I was 12 and there was some big lizard laying eggs in the other room i couldnt resist either! :-D

This is really awesome though! Be sure to keep updating! Are you using the same home made incubator setup that you used last year?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lost another one (the one that was leaking), down to 19. 2 others have green mold on one end. Cleaned them off with hydrogen peroxide and put them in their own bin.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980