• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

SHE'S FINALLY LAYING!!!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Last night she was laying in her nest wiggling her butt once in a while. We figured she was laying so we left her alone. This morning we find her in the same position still wiggling, but doing it a lot more. We went back to bed for a little bit. I had left a note on the door saying not enter because she could start eating her eggs if she feels they're threatened. My wife got up a little later and found our 12 year old son in the room with the enclosure open counting the eggs in the nest!!!! The kid is lucky to be alive! :roll: She didn't move so we've been watching her once in a while. About half an hour ago I found her out of her nest. Bobby said to pull her out and collect the eggs and hopefully she'll continue laying, she's still quite big. So here we are waiting to see if she's going to finish laying and hope she doesn't eat them.

Here she is laying in her nest. You can see an egg in the right side.
IMG_2627_.jpg

Here's the eggs we have so far. The yellow one on the right is probably a slug.
IMG_2633_.jpg

AWD247

5 Year Member
:woot OMG FINALLY !! Hope everything goes well Dave, I will be keeping an eye on this thread very closely, :woot

Jefroka

5 Year Member
I am sure with all the anticipation of this event, you are quite relieved. No more, "Hey Dave, has she layed yet?" or "Hey Dave, when is she going to drop those eggs, any idea?"

Now you will be greeted with new questions, how many, are they fertile, have you lost any, when will my blue baby be going out? :grno

Best of luck and congratulations! :cheers

...Jefroka

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
She laid one more under her hide. It's 83 degrees down here and probably hotter in her enclosure. I turned off her basking light.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Jefroka said:
I am sure with all the anticipation of this event, you are quite relieved. No more, "Hey Dave, has she layed yet?" or "Hey Dave, when is she going to drop those eggs, any idea?"

Now you will be greeted with new questions, how many, are they fertile, have you lost any, when will my blue baby be going out? :grno

Best of luck and congratulations! :cheers

...Jefroka
Yes, somewhat relieved. We want the rest of the eggs laid. Once they're all laid we just watch them, watch the temp & humidity in the incubator, and WAIT.

And we're still waiting to see if the smaller female is going to lay. She's gottem bigger in the last few days also so she should be close.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Two Bananas Marinade said:
Wow! Moments like this make you wonder if you should give breeding a try.
There's a lot of waiting and a lot that can go wrong in the 3 months from conception to hatching.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
She's laying them randomly all over!! She started burying herself in her nest but came out. At 4:30pm we found an egg in the corner of the enclosure. A few minutes later, as she's walking around, she starts to wiggle her butt and drops another one as we watched!!

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
Well it's about time!!!

Good to hear dave I will definatly be watching this thread closely.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980