• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Serious update on my boys!

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I hear you.when i mix veggies into his meat mixture he picks out the potato cubes and other things he likes and leaves the peas and carrots. :p

kymzilla

Never bothered to try giving them veggies. I tried strawberries once and they didn't even look twice. They love their meat. I just give them a multivitamin sprinkle with their calcium.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I just recently got a big can of "tropical fruit cocktail " ...it has peach, pineapple, papaya etc. I portioned it in snack baggies by the spoonful and froze it. I put one baggie of the meat (this time was ground turkey, beef liver, calcium and cod liver oil) and one baggie of the fruit. Niles ate almost everything :) i want to start giving more fruits in light of all of the impaction stories I've been hearing. Better safe than sorry, you know? ;)

kymzilla

I've tried giving them strawberries and raspberries but they'll have none of it. Never had problems with impactions

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My colombians love all sorts of fruits and usually pick out the fruit before the meat (except rodents go first)! ;) Dawn, make sure the canned fruit is packed in juice and not sugar.

You tegus look gorgeous. I love the tail regen. My green ig has a little bit of tail regrowth that looks like the actual tail and not a stump. The scales are a bit different is all. I don't know why some come out like that and some do not.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Yes laura :) some have syrup or light syrup so i make sure it's just natural juices. Oh, and dubya said the vet said pineapple was good for getting the fur and stuff down to prevent impaction. Coincidentally pineapple is in the tropical mix :) and he loves it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont